Re: [SciFiNoir Lit] Finished the Dark Tower!

  • Tammy Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2004
      LOL Aww, don't feel bad, Steve has the most stoic of us crying all the time!

      rogpower <rogpower@...> wrote:

      Yup, sports fans I finished the Stephen King's long awaited
      conclusion to his 'Dark Tower' series.

      Shit had my Alpha male ass up in the crib crying during certain
      tragic and heroic scenes. Don't worry folks I'm not a spoiler. I
      ain't gonna spill the beans no way no how.

      I will note a strange reaction I had concerning the ending though:
      I both *loved* and *hated* the ending at the same time!

      Dualistic psycho-struggle causing great internal conflict on my part.

      I want happy endings...that's my problem...I want happy ending...I
      want happy endings...deep breath slow and mournful exhale.

      Hile Gunslinger!

      See you in the clearing at the end of the path, Gan willing.

      rogpower

      Go Boston!!!!

      Subscribe Digest Mode: SciFiNoir_Lit-digest@yahoogroups.com

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Tammy Johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 20, 2004
        I'd just like to say thanks for not spoiling for us slow folks who haven't gotten the book yet!

        Nora <njem@...> wrote:I'm only about halfway through so far. Just reached the point where a
        certain member of the ka-tet has been shot, and I'm bawling my eyes out.
        -_- But I'm reading slowly (only on the commuter rail to and from work
        every day) so it may be another month before I finish at this rate.

        Nora