'Apprentice' Kwame Jackson lands $3.8 billion deal

  • Tracey deMorsella (formerly Tracey Minor)
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2004
      http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0825Apprentice-ON.html
      NEW YORK - Kwame Jackson is starting to look less like an "Apprentice" and
      more like Donald Trump.

      The runner-up in the first season of the NBC reality show "The Apprentice"
      has completed a multibillion dollar real-estate deal of his own. With two
      other partners, Jackson has made a deal with officials in Prince George's
      County in Maryland to develop 550 acres into commercial and residential
      property.

      The deal is worth $3.8 billion and will provide over 32,000 jobs, Jackson
      said.

      "For me, 'The Apprentice' was the beginning," he told The Associated Press
      Tuesday. "It's not a ceiling, it's a floor."

      In developing one of the nation's more affluent black counties, "We believe
      in being catalysts in what we call the second generation of the civil rights
      movement," Jackson said.

      His company, Legacy Development Partners, will announce the specifics of the
      real estate deal at a news conference Wednesday. It also plans production of
      an executive menswear line and a network TV show.

      Tracey deMorsella, Managing Producer
      Convergence Media, Inc.
      Home of The Multicultural Advantage
      Phone: 215-849-0946