Re: [SciFiNoir Lit] Best Stephen King Novel

  • Cornelius Badie
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 29, 2004
      For me. it was Insomnia

      belsidus2000 <Frofidemus@...> wrote: What was the best Stephen King Novel.

      I vote for Carrie (1974) his first.

      Chris Hayden

      Subscribe Digest Mode: SciFiNoir_Lit-digest@yahoogroups.com

    • ravenadal
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2004
        --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "belsidus2000"
        <Frofidemus@n...> wrote:
        > What was the best Stephen King Novel.
        >
        > I vote for Carrie (1974) his first.
        >
        > Chris Hayden

        I don't know what Stephen King's "best" novel is, but my personal
        favorite is "The Dead Zone," which seemed to preceed his creative
        nadir (a period that included "Firestarter,""Cujo," "The Running
        Man," "Christine" and "Pet Semetary" -- incidentally, the last
        Stephen King book I've read -- which, not so coincidentally, seemed
        to coincide with the period during which his wife -- Tabitha King --
        started writing her own novels and stopped editing his).

        ~rave!
        The Black Prince. The Black Church. A State of Mind.
        http://www.theworldebon.com
      • Omavi (yC)
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 9, 2004
          For me, I don't think I could actually name one as the
          best, because I have liked everything he has written
          and some a more liked for different reasons.

          Some of my Favorites are:

          Needful Things
          It
          Bag of Bones
          The Whole Gunslinger Saga
          The Stand

          --- ravenadal <ravenadal@...> wrote:
          > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "belsidus2000"
          >
          > <Frofidemus@n...> wrote:
          > > What was the best Stephen King Novel.
          > >
          > > I vote for Carrie (1974) his first.
          > >
          > > Chris Hayden
          >
          > I don't know what Stephen King's "best" novel is,
          > but my personal
          > favorite is "The Dead Zone," which seemed to preceed
          > his creative
          > nadir (a period that included "Firestarter,""Cujo,"
          > "The Running
          > Man," "Christine" and "Pet Semetary" --
          > incidentally, the last
          > Stephen King book I've read -- which, not so
          > coincidentally, seemed
          > to coincide with the period during which his wife --
          > Tabitha King --
          > started writing her own novels and stopped editing
          > his).
          >
          > ~rave!

          > The Black Prince. The Black Church. A State of
          > Mind.
          > http://www.theworldebon.com

          =====
          http://search.yahoo.com
        • belsidus2000
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 9, 2004
            Which one does King like the best?

            Chris Hayden

            --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Omavi \(yC\)"
            <achaoticdreamer@y...> wrote:
            > For me, I don't think I could actually name one as the
            > best, because I have liked everything he has written
            > and some a more liked for different reasons.
            >
            > Some of my Favorites are:
            >
            > Needful Things
            > It
            > Bag of Bones
            > The Whole Gunslinger Saga
            > The Stand
            >

            > --- ravenadal <ravenadal@t...> wrote:
            > > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "belsidus2000"
            > >
            > > <Frofidemus@n...> wrote:
            > > > What was the best Stephen King Novel.
            > > >
            > > > I vote for Carrie (1974) his first.
            > > >
            > > > Chris Hayden
            > >
            > > I don't know what Stephen King's "best" novel is,
            > > but my personal
            > > favorite is "The Dead Zone," which seemed to preceed
            > > his creative
            > > nadir (a period that included "Firestarter,""Cujo,"
            > > "The Running
            > > Man," "Christine" and "Pet Semetary" --
            > > incidentally, the last
            > > Stephen King book I've read -- which, not so
            > > coincidentally, seemed
            > > to coincide with the period during which his wife --
            > > Tabitha King --
            > > started writing her own novels and stopped editing
            > > his).
            > >
            > > ~rave!

            > > The Black Prince. The Black Church. A State of
            > > Mind.
            > > http://www.theworldebon.com
            > >

            > =====
            > __________________________
            > "The sagacious reader who is capable of reading between these lines
            what does not stand written in them ..." - Goethe

            > yC/Omavi
            > http://www.chaoticdreams.net
            > http://yusuf-chaotic.chaoticdreams.net

            > http://search.yahoo.com
          • Rick Wren
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 9, 2004
              King has said that he has the most emotional energy devoted to the Dark
              Tower. It is, for him, a thirty-year saga (or more now perhaps) and isn't
              done yet.

              I like it best of all that I have read by King. Roland, the Gunslinger, is
              his most complex character, I believe.

              - Rick Wren