Re: [SciFiNoir Lit] Re: Back Again - (the incestous media)

  • Gymfig@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2004
    • Gymfig@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 6, 2004
        When Lit is discussed, does it always have to be sci fi / fantasy lit?
      • theblackknight29
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 6, 2004
          That isn't for me to say - the Moderator has the final word on all
          of that. My personal feeling that since this is a Group devoted to
          SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY, the topic discussed should at least
          come close to one or both of those genres. I mean, I wouldn't join a
          group called HORROR NOIR and start discussing Tolkien unless I was
          focusing on the horrific aspects of a particular scene or setting,
          such as Mordor or the Pass of Cirith Ungol (Shelob). But, again,
          that's just me and the Moderator has the final say on those issues.
          Were you needing to discuss something wildly different than sci-
          fi/fantasy? If so, by all means, share and discuss.
        • rogpower
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 6, 2004
            --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, Gymfig@a... wrote:
            > When Lit is discussed, does it always have to be sci fi / fantasy
            lit?

            ###########

            Well, we've veered off a couple of times there too boo!

            I have no problem with it unless Tracey does. She's the moderator.

            I personally would rather have some literature related board traffic
            than none at all because it doesn't fit precisely into "a" specific
            topic/category . Of course, once again, that's just IMHOP.

            rogpower

            "It was a very unVulcan like kiss" Mamacita!
          • Gymfig@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 6, 2004
              I would like to discuss all forms of lit.

              Tracey what is your verdict?
            • theblackknight29
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 6, 2004
                WHY are my POSTS taking so long to get on here? What am I doing
                wrong???
              • A. M. Dyar
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 7, 2004
                  At 08:47 AM 1/6/2004, theblackknight29 wrote:
                  >WHY are my POSTS taking so long to get on here? What am I doing
                  >wrong???

                  I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

                  Blame yahoogroups.

                  I notice that my posts are either posted right away or take the long way
                  around.

                  -Allyson-

                  Allyson M. W. Dyar
                  email: Allyson@...
                  homepage: http://www.dyarstraights.com
                  fiction: http://www.ssnexus.org
                  blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/allyson13/
                • theblackknight29
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 8, 2004
                    Ok. Thanks. I was getting worried.

                    -- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "A. M. Dyar" <allyson@d...>

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 8, 2004
                      --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "A. M. Dyar" <allyson@d...>
                      wrote:

                      Allyson is right TBK, sometimes the Yahoo system has problems with
                      the space time continum. Sub-atomic particles know as FUBAR interfer
                      with the transfer of electronic informational packets thus causing
                      temporal delays of posts for as much as a day. There was a big
                      problem about a month ago in the sister group.

                      rogpower

                      "It was the whiteness of the whale that above all things appaled me"

                      says Ishmael - 'Moby Dick', chapter XLI

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 8, 2004
                        <sigh> I suppose I shouldn't complain. It is, after all, free. Que
                        sera, sera. Thanks RP.

                        --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "rogpower" <rogpower@y...>