Re: [SciFiNoir Lit] Re: Lathe of Heaven Tim Powers

  • Gymfig@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2004
      In a message dated 1/3/2004 11:14:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      rogpower@... writes:

      << I highly recommend 'The Lathe of Heaven' as it is a classic and I
      happen to like Ursul K. Le Guin works. >>

      What is it about. I heard rumors that it was really good.
    • rogpower
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
        Basically it's about a guy whose dreams alter reality. It's a short
        book pick it up at the library. I think you'll enjoy it.

        There have also been two televison productions. The first is a
        PBS/Canadian tv classic (as it was one of the first made for PBS
        movies).

        Also, there was a really good production, special affects wise, done
        recently for one of the cable channels starring Lisa Bonet and Lucas
        Hass. The first one done in 1980 by Canadian ETV starred Bruce
        Davidson and Margret Avery (Shug of 'The Color Purple') Both are
        availible on DVD and VHS.