Bleak House and The Talisman

  • Gymfig@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
      Are good books to read?

      Is there anything else by the two authors I should know about?
    • rogpower
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
        --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, Gymfig@a... wrote:
        > Are good books to read?
        >

        > Is there anything else by the two authors I should know about?

        ########################

        I think you should know that like a lot of Stephen King books there
        is a tangential connection to the Dark Tower series books but it's
        only minor.

        The stories in "Black House" and "The Talisman" stand alone by
        themselves.

        The way "Black House" ends, it's concievable that there could be a
        third book to make a trilogy but I don't think King or Straub have
        said they would definately do that as of yet.

        Read "The Talisman" first since "Black House" is the sequel. Like I
        told you in the other group. These two books are criticized for a
        sopposed stylistic uneveness because of the differening styles of the
        two authors.

        Maybe I'm not that discerning cause this alledged "uneveness" didn't
        prevent me from enjoying the yarn.

        You know I might actually check out Dickens' "Bleak House" because of
        your post and because of the running joke about it in "Black House".

        rogpower