Another market

  • Nojo Jojo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2003
      This one's unpaid, but the subject matter is still relevant (hopefully).

      Nora

      ---

      MARGIN
      Exploring Modern Magical Realism
      Tamara Kaye Sellman, Editor & Publisher
      321 High School Road N.E.
      PMB #204
      Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
      USA
      E-mail (no subs, info only): msellma@... -or-
      E-mail (no subs, info only): smike10@...

      Special Theme Call For Submissions
      SONGS SPUN ON ISLAND TIME:
      MAGICAL REALISM FROM THE CARIBBEAN ISLANDS
      Since 1998, our goal at MARGIN has been to explore modern magical realism.
      In this first in a series of special theme issues, we will address the
      diversity of voices from the Caribbean Islands, celebrating their particular
      manifestations of literary magical realism.

      For General Guidelines and qualifications for submission visit MARGIN, at:
      http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/MARGIN/guidelinesCarib.html

      Accepting fiction, nonfiction and poetry. Simultaneous submissions and
      previously published work okay. We accept both e-mail or surface mail
      submissions. No submission fees. Please read the theme issue guidelines
      carefully.

      Deadline: 1 October 2003.

      Estimated reply time is the end of January 2004 or sooner. (Please note the
      staff goes on holiday hiatus in December of 2003.) MARGIN's SONGS SPUN IN
      ISLAND TIME exploration will be launched in March 2004.

      If you have any questions about this special theme, don't hesitate to
      contact us:

      INDEXES: MARGIN is a member of CLMP and a supporter of PEN USA's Freedom to
      Write campaign. MARGIN is also listed in The International Directory of
      Little Magazines and Small Presses and the various Writers Market indices.

      Subscription to MARGIN is complimentary, spam-free and automated.