4392CALL FOR LITERTURE SUBMISSIONS -- HISPANIC

  • Oreoblues@aol.com
    Apr 1, 2005
      -----CALL FOR LITERTURE SUBMISSIONS - Posted 3.18.05
      From Daniel Olivas
      I am editing an anthology of short fiction by Latinos/as in which the City
      of Los Angeles plays an integral role. I am interested in provocative stories
      on virtually any subject by both established and new writers. Stories may
      range from social realism to cuentos de fantasma and anything in between. Los
      Angeles may be a major "character" or merely lurking in the background. I'd
      like to see characters who represent diverse backgrounds in terms of ethnicity,
      profession, age, sexual orientation, etc. Preferred length: 500 to 5,000
      words. Stories may be previously published (please indicate where). Chapters from
      novels will be considered if they can stand alone. Award-winning publisher
      is interested but wants to see final manuscript. Please e-mail your story,
      using standard submission formatting, as a Word document to olivasdan@....
      In the e-mail, include you contact information, list of previous publications
      (if any), and the ethnicity(ies) with which you identify.
      DEADLINE: September 1, 2005.
      Visit my Web site at www.danielolivas.com to learn more about me and my
      writing.

      Carole McDonnell_"Then said I: 'Here am I; send me." _
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GenreChristianWriters)
      www.geocities.com/scifiwritir/OreoBlues.html
      groups.yahoo.com/group/genrechristianwriters
      groups.yahoo.com/group/hudsonvalleytristatewriters_
      groups.yahoo.com/group/Thecontestinganthologist_
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Thecontestinganthologist) (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EthnicChristianWriters)