Re: Sp. Ed. Aliens DVD... vehicle images!

  • WhiteWolf McBride
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 6, 2007
      --- "Dan" <grauwulf@...> wrote:

      > Greetings WW and All,
      >
      > Any In Progress photos that you would like to share of any project
      > would be just GREAT! --- Personally, I always find such things not
      > only interesting but helpful and inspirational as well.

      Will try to get some out in the parking lot tomorrow, if its not too
      hot or breezy.

      Think I got some half-decent ALIENS images snatched sing PowerDVD's
      in-system screen cap ability, and will try to stick 'em up later
      tonight. I also got ones of the weapons (not movie clips, but the
      add-on stills archives) and other things, so if you want 'em up,
      please ask for them. Don't wanna fill up the capacity with unwanted
      images.

      News: It seems Carson is re-releasing the Robbe 'Rodeo 6x6' as a
      Kaiman 6x6, with upgraded twin-ESC's for powering the beast. New list
      of 399.95 (dunno if that includes the radio)
      They will also re-release the Robbe unobtanium water-tanker body as
      well as a kit at 99.95 euro list for that treat, and thats with the
      cannon turret, water tank and pump unit.

      Then again, I still think 81 euro for an original was a better deal,
      especially with dual-ESC's from Dimension Engineering running at 65
      bucks US (Sabertooth 2x10 RC)

      Will get pics when it arrives.
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 7, 2007
        Greetings WW and All,

        > Don't wanna fill up the capacity with unwanted images. <

        You are talking about --- OUR --- Sci-Fi Armor Photo Section, right?
        That long over looked and way overly empty corner of our group site?
        You are worrying about cluttering it up??? --LOL --- I do not think
        that will be much of a problem, my Friend!

        > and other things, so if you want 'em up, please ask for them. <

        So I'm asking. I'm asking!

        BTW -- That goes for all the rest of our members as well. If you have
        photos of your projects --- In Progress, Complete, Etc --- Or just have
        a shot of something COOL that you want to share --- throw it in the
        Photo Section. PLEASE!!!! -- Yahoo boosted our storage capacity some
        months back so we have TONS of room just going to waste.

        > Will get pics when it arrives. <

        Sounds GREAT!!!

        ************
        Just an additional note. --- If you all haven't noticed we are in some
        real need of a Home Page photo/image. If we can get more than one we
        can rotate different images every month or so. So don't be shy! Sci-Fi
        Armor is every where. Land, Sea, Air, & Space. And through every Time
        and Dimension. Lets see where YOUR imagination gets its inspiration!!!

        *************

      • WhiteWolf McBride
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 7, 2007
          --- Grauwolf <grauwulf@...> wrote:

          > Greetings WW and All,
          >
          >> Don't wanna fill up the capacity with unwanted images.
          >
          > You are talking about --- OUR --- Sci-Fi Armor Photo Section, right?

          Nuff said. Just having trouble getting the uploader to work without
          timing out. May HAVE to upgrade to cable soon if this keeps up.

          >> and other things, so if you want 'em up, please ask for them.
          >
          > So I'm asking. I'm asking!
          >
          > BTW -- That goes for all the rest of our members as well. If you
          > have photos of your projects --- In Progress, Complete, Etc ---
          > Or just have a shot of something COOL that you want to share ---
          > throw it in the Photo Section. PLEASE!!!! -- Yahoo boosted our
          > storage capacity some months back so we have TONS of room just
          > going to waste.
          >
          >> Will get pics when it arrives. <
          >
          > Sounds GREAT!!!
          >
          > ************
          > Just an additional note. --- If you all haven't noticed we are in
          > some real need of a Home Page photo/image. If we can get more than
          > one we can rotate different images every month or so. So don't be
          > shy! Sci-Fi Armor is every where. Land, Sea, Air, & Space. And
          > through every Time and Dimension. Lets see where YOUR imagination
          > gets its inspiration!!!

          Ok, I'm gonna put one up thats ~perfect~ to get that idea accross,
          and a few ones for later.
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 7, 2007
            Greetings All,

            Hey! Great News! --- The DOCTOR is back!!!

            Without even so much as a whir of sound or pulse of blue TARDIS light
            DOCTOR WHO pulled yet another of his classic unannounced (Yet Much
            Enjoyed!) reappearances on the Sci-Fi Channel last night. --- I guess
            that they couldn't fit in a DW announcement in between all of those
            plugs for EUReKA. (Those MADE IN EUReKA Info-mercials are a real hoot!)
            --- I sure wish that they would release the TORCHWOOD spin-off series
            as well.

            I guess the Small Screen will be Sci-Fi's only hope of survival.

            Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
            http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 7, 2007
              --- WhiteWolf McBride <WhiteWolf_McBride@...> wrote:

              > --- Grauwolf <grauwulf@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Greetings WW and All,
              > >
              > >> Don't wanna fill up the capacity with unwanted images.
              > >
              > > You are talking about --- OUR --- Sci-Fi Armor Photo Section,
              > right?
              >
              > Nuff said. Just having trouble getting the uploader to work without
              > timing out. May HAVE to upgrade to cable soon if this keeps up.
              >
              > >> and other things, so if you want 'em up, please ask for them.
              > >
              > > So I'm asking. I'm asking!
              > >
              > > BTW -- That goes for all the rest of our members as well. If you
              > > have photos of your projects --- In Progress, Complete, Etc ---
              > > Or just have a shot of something COOL that you want to share ---
              > > throw it in the Photo Section. PLEASE!!!! -- Yahoo boosted our
              > > storage capacity some months back so we have TONS of room just
              > > going to waste.
              > >
              > >> Will get pics when it arrives. <
              > >
              > > Sounds GREAT!!!
              > >
              > > ************
              > > Just an additional note. --- If you all haven't noticed we are in
              > > some real need of a Home Page photo/image. If we can get more than
              > > one we can rotate different images every month or so. So don't be
              > > shy! Sci-Fi Armor is every where. Land, Sea, Air, & Space. And
              > > through every Time and Dimension. Lets see where YOUR imagination
              > > gets its inspiration!!!
              >
              > Ok, I'm gonna put one up thats ~perfect~ to get that idea accross,
              > and a few ones for later.

              that gives answers, not web links.
            • david schnyer
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 7, 2007
                "Without even so much as a whir of sound or pulse
                of blue TARDIS light DOCTOR WHO pulled yet
                another of his classic unannounced (Yet Much
                Enjoyed!) reappearances on the Sci-Fi Channel
                last night."
                ----------------------
                there was an announcement in the sci-fi channel's
                e-mail newsletter yesterday, but i'd call that a
                bit late since it depends on when, or if you open
                your e-mail in time. i'm not a doctor who fan but
                i hope those who are did catch and enjoy it.
                "gunner"

              • david schnyer
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 7, 2007
                  by the way, "jericho" is also back on ABC with a
                  show last night. i don't have a url handy but a
                  google search should turn up web sites.
                  "gunner"

                  Need a vacation? Get great deals
                  to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                  http://travel.yahoo.com/
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 8, 2007
                    Greetings Gunner and All,

                    Yeah, I would call a one day e-mail notice cutting it a bit close too.
                    Especially when they do spend so much commercial time blasting us with
                    adds for every other show that they pull in. In fact, I had just about
                    given up hope that we would be seeing him back at all this season.

                    I was never a big fan of The Doctor either until I started watching
                    this NEW DR WHO series. Of course naturally the FX is far better than
                    the old stuff, but I like the writing, characters, and the HUMOR far
                    more than anything I ever saw in the past. I always get the feeling
                    that no matter how direr things get nobody is really taking it all that
                    seriously. I really hope that they bring Catherine Tate back as Donna
                    Noble to be his companion. She was a real Hoot! Put the Doc right in
                    his place, she did. They made a great pair. I really like the fact that
                    she had somehow missed out on and was totally oblivious to all of those
                    major earth shaking events that had gone on in previous episodes. ---
                    Huge flying spaceship thingy hanging over London??? -- "Well, I had a
                    bit of a hangover that day." --- LOL

                    I just hope that we will NOT be seeing any more of that stupid
                    No-Budget Wrestling!!! --- Who came up with such a lame leftfield idea
                    for the SCIENCE FICTION Channel anyway??? At least WHO WANTS TO BE A
                    SUPER HERO and GHOST HUNTERS have some margin of relativity to the
                    topic of Sci-Fi.

                    We watched JERICHO for some time as well, but then for some reason or
                    another we started missing shows and got left behind. Yet through the
                    whole time we watched I couldn't shake the impression that the writers
                    obtained their entire bounty of resource information by spending a
                    couple of nights at a B&B in some small Midwest town. Maybe everything
                    was purely for plot development, but they sure as heck don't seem to
                    have a clue as to just what Midwestern country folk have ready on hand.
                    Nor just what they are capable of doing with nothing. The actions of
                    all of their characters impressed me as being far more in keeping with
                    a bunch of poor lost City Folk. --- No offense to City Folk intended.
                    --- Just to lazy TV writers. --LOL

                  • david schnyer
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 8, 2007
                      "I just hope that we will NOT be seeing any more
                      of that stupid No-Budget Wrestling!!! --- Who
                      came up with such a lame left field idea for the
                      SCIENCE FICTION Channel anyway?"
                      ---------------------
                      i don't really know, but obviously some whiz kid
                      in a cheap suit with his eyes firmly fixed on a
                      fast buck. from reading the lettercol in the
                      sci-fi.com newsletter a lot of fans agree with
                      you and me, perhaps we could, and should, raise a
                      posse to hunt him down and put him out the fore
                      starboard airlock without a suit for a one way
                      trip to the galactic rim. as for "jericho" to be
                      honest i haven't seen it, i posted as a courtesy
                      to any jericho fans that might not have gotten
                      the word, but with all the fuss about its
                      cancllation i'll make a point of watching at
                      least some of the opening episodes online to at
                      least get a feel for it. if it's as good as a lot
                      of folks say it is i'll stick with it, there's
                      too little really good stuff on t.v. these days
                      and good shows should be supported. on your
                      recommendation i'll give the new dr.who a look
                      too, the older shows never impressed me, like the
                      original "star trek" they were too obviously done
                      on the cheap. the only star trek that i did enjoy
                      was the patrick stewart/jean luc picard series.
                      stewart actually acted and sounded like a naval
                      officer on the classic british model, ds9 was
                      almost as good, there too the actor playing the
                      station commander had his role well in hand,
                      having a "command presence" as "captain on the
                      bridge" that "captain kirk" never mastered.
                      "gunner"

                    • WhiteWolf McBride
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 8, 2007
                        (note: thread re-alignment to put it back in its rightful place)

                        --- Grauwolf <grauwulf@...> wrote:

                        >> Anyone able to place it?

                        > From the grill I would guess a Chevy 3/4 ton with a rather unique
                        > utility bed conversion. But the drag-shoot has me at a real loss
                        > since everyone knows that Chevys could never go fast enough to
                        > ever need one.

                        Bzzt, Ford F350, and give the other a chance, 'k? I'll post the
                        answer if no one gets it on Friday (aw SH*T, not another one of
                        THOSE ones... *sigh*)

                        >> will keep uploading as I have time and the net behaves,
                        >> you have anything ~specific~ you wanna see, call out...
                        >
                        > Would your ALIENS source happen to contain any shots of the
                        > Marine's APC or their Dropship???

                        APC and Dropship ones are coming.

                        > So, when are we going to see some of your handiwork????

                        Soon as I get a nice day with some sun, Tuesday might have some
                        (says sun/cloud w/ 60% chance rain) That or I finally get off
                        my duff and make a nice photo-shoot booth - another thing to make
                        out of the corrugated sheeting! Will try to either use what I
                        have or pick up a 4x8 this week, them dull-cote spray it for
                        photo-shooting (don't need unwanted flash-reflection, eh)

                        Need to do it so I can show my Spotty-Kitties off in the new
                        Yahoo Tamiya Leopard & Gepard support group:

                        membership open to all Tamiya Leopard-Gepard owners, especially
                        you, ya nutty guy CrabFu!