Re: [Sci-Fi_Armor] THE SKY PEOPLE

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 7:50 AM
      Greetings Gunner and All,

      Well there is more good news (as I have learned from another list I am
      on). SKY PEOPLE is the first of a trilogy. The next is called IN THE
      COURT OF THE CRIMSON KINGS. Some sample text of both is available on
      Sterling's official website. The word is that it is all very ERB and
      very worth reading!!!

      http://www.smstirling.com/

      8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
    • cbitondo
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2 5:03 PM
        Sounds like an interesting trilogy. Any idea when the second book is
        coming out?

        Carl

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7 7:11 AM
          Greetings Carl and All,

          > Sounds like an interesting trilogy. Any idea when the second book is
          coming out? <

          Just checking the official SM Stirling website it looks like "Nov (?)
          2007". You can get a free Sample/tease there of both books as well.

          http://www.smstirling.com/

          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
        • Dan
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2007
            Greetings All,

            After finally being able to obtain a copy of THE SKY PEOPLE from our
            local public library I was able to give it a read and now a review.

            Burroughs it ain't. --- But it is a GOOD read.

            I guess these days that if a writer throws enough references and tags
            relating to a classic writer and his works that somehow that allows
            him to qualify his work as related. And on some level I suppose it is,
            but..... As good as the story writing was, and the entire adventure
            for that matter, I kept finding myself wishing that Stirling would
            have bothered trying to capture more of Burroughs' storytelling style
            instead of just making constant references to his works.

            Still, in all, a very good story and Alternate Timeline concept. Plus
            a FUN a romp through Burroughs' worlds. I am very much looking forward
            to the rest of the trilogy. In the mean time I think that I will give
            his THE PESHAWAR LANCERS a run.

            B&N Link
            http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780641692574&itm=1

            For those who would like to see what some other writers have done with
            the inspirations gifted us by Burroughs I would suggest checking out
            the "Fan Fiction" on this site. But --- BE WARNED --- you just might
            not make it back! --LOL

            The Life And Works Of Edgar Rice Burroughs
            http://www.erblist.com/?