Re: The Land Ironclads

  • grauwulf@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      Greetings All,

      Thanks to some assistance from the good folks over at The HG Wells
      Literary Forum I now hold within my hand a copy of Wells' "The Land
      Ironclads" (Taken from "The Strand" magazine - 1903). It bears the
      honor of being the first featured story in the anthology "The Oxford
      Book of Science Fiction Stories" (Tom Shippey, editor) The anthology
      itself is an excellent collection of Sci-Fi Masterworks by some of the
      true greats in the field. At $6.00 hardbound from ABE Books it is
      nothing short of a true steal. That it contains possibly the only
      currently available version of Wells' prognostic tale of armored
      warfare should make it a welcome addition to any Sci-Fi Tanker's
      collection.

      I am still searching for an edition of his "The War In The Air".
      However, the current asking prices that range from $20.00 to $60.00
      for a paperback (!!!) version before s&h are far more than what I care
      to spend.

      The Hunt Continues! Talley-Ho! --LOL

      Dan