Re: [Sci-Fi_Armor] Re: ROCK & ROLL II

    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 1, 2006
      Greetings WW and All,

      > Who's Bolo site? <

      Weber. -- I had mentioned earlier that I recall running across a site
      (about a year ago now) featuring his spin on the BOLO. I can not even
      find a ghost of it any more.

      > An Honor Harrington movie was announced by Echo Valley
      Entertainment. However, later information suggested
      that it would actually be a television series, to be
      written and produced by Peter Sands. <

      Now that just might be a bit of alright. We sure could use a new Sci-Fi
      show on the tube. A TV series just might even encourage even me to pick
      up one of these books. I just hope that they do not turn a Mil-Sci-Fi
      show into one of those Fluff Bunnies With Fazers gigs. Maybe if the
      Sci-Fi Channel picked it up there would be a bit of hope for it. Any
      teasers giving hints if they have even started working on a pilot
      yet????

      As an old fan of Horatio Hornblower (and Sharpe too for that matter) I
      just might be able to get into this Sci-Fi twisted run of the
      Napoleonic Wars. It sure sounds better than yet another run of that
      soap-opera BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. That human looking robot gig got old
      when Flash Gordon use to do it. At least they had the excuse of running
      on Less-Than-No-Budget and Tinfoil-Special-Effects back in those days.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 21, 2006
        Greetings Gunner and All,

        > i grew up with flash gordon, buck rogers and brick bradford in the
        sunday funnies <

        As a kid I could watch the rerun old serials by very carefully tuning
        in the UHF bands on early Sunday mornings. As bad as they might have
        been, I enjoyed them a thousand times more than any of the cartoons
        they aired on the regular channels. Flash and Commando Cody were my all
        time favorites. --LOL

        And Yeah, I am also probably one of the very few who really liked SKY
        CAPTAIN as well. Though I still think the book was a heck of a lot more
        FUN! Had more of the feel of the old serials that just did not seem to
        fully come off on the screen.

        > caught the end of "wild wild west" a couple of nights back <

        You should have no trouble at all running down a copy of WILD, WILD
        WEST with Will Smith. Though you might have to go looking through were
        they stow the old Sci-Fi /Action flicks by now. You might even try
        checking at your local library. You can not knock a FREE two week
        rental! Plus through their Inter-Lone Library system they can usually
        pull in a copy in just a couple of days. Me and the wife use ours all
        of the time. Even for New Release movies!!! Better chance of getting a
        copy there than waiting a month just see a new release at the Video
        Shops. Plus its FREE!

        Might also want to keep an eye open at those Wally World bargain video
        bins. We got our copy for less than $5.00!

        Again, even though I grew up watching the TV version EVERY week I still
        very much enjoyed this new version of WWW. In fact, I think I enjoyed a
        lot of it even more. You have got to admit that giant steam powered
        spider was just too cool!!! (Now THAT is Sci-Fi Armor!!!) Plus KEVIN
        KLINE as Artemus Gordon was just great! Now who here would not love to
        get their hands on some of those Very Cool Toys he had??? Got old
        Bond-boy's stuff beat hands down in my book! --LOL

        Just incase you might have wanted a little bit more ---
        WILD, WILD WEST
        http://wildwildwest.warnerbros.com/

        http://mail.yahoo.com