Big Gun RC Warship Combat videos now uploaded on YouTube

  • cbitondo
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hiya, folks! I have just posted all my videos of big gun model
      warship combat on YouTube, a free online video hosting site. The
      playback quality isn't great, but hey! I'm still figuring out the
      best file formats and compressions for that site. the cool thing is
      that anyone can link to these videos, or put an embeddable player
      for these videos on your website. I would recommend a high-speed
      internet connection for viewing, otherwise pause the video and let
      it download before playing. the videos are:

      Apocalypse Pond:
      http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=LwNlX85de-Y
      Into the Deep:
      http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=0niZ_4SaZyw
      Gun Cam:
      http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=Sf-QpCxql0g

      Apocalypse Pond is from the 2004 combat season, Into the Deep is the
      first half of the 2005 combat season, and Gun Cam is, well, a camera
      strapped to my Scharnhorst's front gun.

      If you like these videos, please flag them as "feature this!". If
      these videos get enough "feature this!" votes, they will be
      displayed on the front page of youtube for a day. you can do this
      at the bottom of each page.

      Enjoy!
      Carl
      PS: now, just close your eyes and imagine sailing ships doing that,
      and you'll see why I want to build HMS Victory so much :) the
      fighting style is almost perfectly suited for age of sail combat!
    • crabfu1
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
        Man that just looks like way too much fun! It's one thing to hear
        about it, but quite another to see it in action. Thanks for sharing
        the destruction and mayhem Carl :)

        -Crabfu

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2006
          Why, thank you! I did my best to capture the mayhem and excitement
          of the battle, and the illusion of tranquility before (and between)
          the storms. As my collection of footage grows, so does the quality
          of the videos I make. I have a new video currently in the planning
          stages, that will cover the last part of 2005 and the beginning of
          the 2006 season. I have new editing software and a few other new
          toys that open up a lot of new possibilities for filming and
          compiling. If you think what's out there now is good, you should
          see what's coming up next! :D

          Carl