Re: [Sci-Fi_Armor] Re: 6 legged Traction Engine Concept

  • david schnyer
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 1, 2006
      "It would steer by stopping one side of legs from
      walking, and the other side would keep going,
      just like a tank would."
      --------------------
      that's "neutral steer" and works about as you
      describe, the track inside the turn "freewheels"
      backwards while the driven outside track pushes
      the tank around, pivoting on the inside track.
      normal steering brakes one track momentarily as
      the other track pushes the tank in the direction
      of the braked track. if you can get hands on a
      light bulldozer, like an old "case 310" you can
      try it for yourself to see how it works. the
      principle is the same, the tank is just a lot
      bigger, heavier and more powerful.
      "gunner"

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • cbitondo
      Message 38 of 38 , Aug 21, 2006
        Wow, you guys are lucky that you get to repair your glasses. I
        don't break my sunglasses, I lose them. Every month or so, my good
        sunglasses sprout legs and run away. I always replace them, but its
        annoying to spend $20 on sunglasses when I'd rather be building
        boats or fixing my tank.

        Carl

        --- In Sci-Fi_Armor@yahoogroups.com, david schnyer <gunnera4@...>