One long day at dragoncon

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2013
      So to start the day off I played a couple of battle tech missions in the virtual world pods. Good fun indeed.

      Came over and found out that someone had accidentally dropped my carrier with five glass top cases of minis. Two cases had shattered tops and nearly ever bug figure (around 200 or so) needed to be reglued.

      We got them basically put back together in time to run a noonish game. The bugs must have been pissed because they went through the San Juan mission like a dose of salts.

      Then it was dinner at trader Vic's we shared our table with a delightful woman who's reservation had been lost.

      Driving back to the hotel we stopped to assist at a traffic incident.

      Sent from my iPhonen time
    • Terry

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2013
          Greetings Terry and ALL,

          > And I saw a werewolf in trader Vic's and his hair was perfect! <

          I was wondering . . . LOL!

          Sorry to hear about the crashed figure cases. What a pain! I have always been amazed that you have been able to transport all of those metal Bug figures around without heavy casualties. They just look all so darn fragile. Back-in-the-day I would ~ pin ~ anything that I could. Super Glue just never was anywhere as good enough alone. Especially after the stuff had dried out for a couple of months. = darn near worthless. Still swords, axe heads, robot arms, &etc (ESPECIALLY any customized add-ons!!!) where lucky to even survive a night of gaming. Let alone transport across town no matter how well prepacked. I was sure glad when old Games Workshop started making plastic figures. At least I had glues that would hold that stuff together!
          Have they ever come up with a ~ Better ~ glue for metal figures than the Not-So-Super Glues or the Never-Designed-For-Fine-Work Two Part Epoxies???

          SCI-FI ARMOR
          --- Because the Multiverse is NOT a friendly place.
          "Never Give Up! -- Never Surrender!"