WAR OF THE WORLDS GOLIATH

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2013
      1ST TIME POSTING, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO WAR OF THE WORLDS GOLIATH ? I HAVEN'T SEEN OR HEARD ANYTHING ON THIS SINCE THE ORIGINAL RUN OF MESSAGES ON THIS. i WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THIS AS MOVIE OR DVD
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15, 2013
        Greetings Bruce and ALL,

        > 1ST TIME POSTING, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO WAR OF THE WORLDS GOLIATH ? I HAVEN'T SEEN OR HEARD ANYTHING ON THIS SINCE THE ORIGINAL RUN OF MESSAGES ON THIS. i WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THIS AS MOVIE OR DVD <

        Yeah, it really has all been extremely frustrating for some of us. I use to even try to follow this on their FaceBook page. But, in all truth, I just got REALLY FRUSTRATED with all of the backslapping chatter as they marched their ~ Special Screening ~ theater releases around to EVERYWHERE ~ BUT ~ the USofA! and our DVD shelves. So, I just gave up and figured that = It Will Come, When It Comes. Heck, anymore waiting and I just might not bother with it till it shows up in the $1.00 bin at WalMart! THAT'll teach 'em!!! LOL

        My best suggestion is to try and check at their
        FaceBook - WAR OF THE WORLDS: GOLIATH
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/wotwgoliath/

        In fact, here is your same question and the typical (B.S.!!!) string of replies that just appeared today when I grabbed this link. =

        > so when will WAR OF THE WORLDS: GOLIATH be in DVD ??? for the US ???
        Like · · Follow Post · Share · June 4 at 7:59pm
        6 people like this.

        Mark Dowman We want to know.
        June 4 at 8:22pm via mobile · Like · 2

        Dave Davis All good things come to they who wait. Patience.
        June 4 at 8:43pm · Like · 2

        Mark Dowman Don't mean to come across all cool and unsympathetic.
        June 4 at 8:48pm via mobile · Like

        Dave Davis I've been waiting a long time too. It will happen.
        June 4 at 9:02pm · Like · 1

        Dave Davis I first heard about it back in 2008, so do the math.
        June 4 at 9:09pm · Like · 1

        Mark Dowman Earth math or Mars math?
        June 4 at 9:32pm via mobile · Like · 2

        Joel Rodriguez Same here 2008 earth time
        June 4 at 9:33pm via mobile · Like · 2

        Dave Davis I met and made friends with Joe in '09 at Comic-Con and got to see the movie last year at a special screening.
        June 4 at 9:51pm · Like · 4

        Leon Tan We're working out distribution in the US right now - hang on. If there's one thing we've learnt as filmmakers without a major studio behind us, distribution takes time, especially when we're banking on the best options available to independents (and animation at that!).
        June 4 at 10:19pm · Like · 8

        Barry Munden I can see why you would want a good distributor, but with this much buzz already, why not simply get a bunch of disks pressed (kickstarted financed, if need be) and sell them directly from your website? I've sold an animated cartoon both through my own website and a distributor, and while my distributor certainly sold more, he didn't have a problem with my selling them myself, either, and I made a lot more per sale doing it on my own. I am small fry, of course, but I'm curious why a larger scale project like this couldn't work the same way?
        June 5 at 1:52pm · Edited · Like · 2

        Joe Pearson Interesting thoughts Barry. We're looking at all options.
        June 5 at 3:22pm · Like

        Joel Rodriguez thank you fro a reply wish i could see in theater here in NYC :(still will wait and will like to see it thank you again
        June 5 at 6:04pm · Like · 1

        Valoise Armstrong Joe Pearson you might be surprised by how many of us would get behind a Kickstarter distribution scheme.
        June 6 at 5:13am · Like · 3

        Jason Driver when you say kickstarter distribution what does that mean?
        June 6 at 8:39am · Like

        Valoise Armstrong Not being in the industry I don't know exactly how it works, but I perhaps a kickstarter campaign could raise money for marketing, production and distribution of dvds.
        June 6 at 11:17am · Like

        Joe Pearson Thanks for the thought, Valoise. A Kickstarter campaign is something that should/could be considered.
        June 6 at 1:28pm · Like · 4

        Valoise Armstrong actually, Barry Munden brought up Kickstarter first, to credit where it's due
        June 6 at 3:30pm · Like

        Joel Rodriguez one word EPIC man still have to wait maybe another year ???? maybe 2014 then ........maybe .....hopefully ?????????????????????????????
        June 6 at 8:20pm · Like · 1

        George Stevens yeah anyway I can send you money via pay pal for a digital copy? or if there is a kickstarter, ill do my best to chip in
        June 6 at 8:24pm · Like · 2

        Jason Driver hey joe i will get behind a kickstarter and i would be more then willing to chip in to help get one started if you guys are going to start one. is it possible to purchase a digital copy of the movie from you guys? i only ask because i read another comment from someone else asking about purchasing a digital copy of the movie.
        June 6 at 9:33pm · Edited · Like · 2

        Gabriel Benavides Well...can't you guys upload it to iTunes? Sell it like that? Or...dies it not work that way.
        June 7 at 11:33pm · Like

        Adam M. Cleghorn Digital distribution would indeed be a fine option. And would also cut the cost as you would not have to pay to have the physical copies made. And Jason Kickstarter is a website where you can have people donate money for what ever project you happen to be involved in. Double Fine entertainment has been using it to finance its next 2 games and it seems to work pretty well.
        June 10 at 10:36am via mobile · Like

        George Stevens yeah I'm kinda worried Ill never get to see it.
        June 10 at 3:36pm · Like

        Jason Driver adam granted digital distribution sounds like its a good option but i'am a collector of these kinds of movies i like to have a physical copy of the movie.
        June 11 at 6:52am · Like

        Joe Pearson Guys, hopefully we'll soon offer you choices of both mediums. Stay tuned.
        June 11 at 2:48pm · Like · 2

        Joel Rodriguez can you send me the link for that kick stater ???
        Wednesday at 8:22pm · Like

        Jason Driver you guys started a kick starter?
        Thursday at 7:52am · Edited · Like

        Joe Pearson We have not started a Kickstarter.
        Thursday at 10:45am · Like

        Larry Amyett How about Tugg.com? It worked great for Iron Sky. http://www.tugg.com/
        Thursday at 4:56pm · Like

        Joe Pearson Guys, these are great suggestions. The producer's will certainly review them as to ways we could apply them to WOTW:G. Thanks.
        Thursday at 5:33pm · Like <

        YEAH, if these guys can't figure out HOW or WHEN to put their project on the US market without FaceBook Folks having to make suggestions to them . . . well, I just don't expect it to happen any time none too soon. Sorry, Bruce, We ALL feel the PAIN!!!