NASCAR Engineers Help Design New Combat Vehicle

  • Rosedachs
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2005
      The U.S. military unveiled this week a concept combat vehicle that
      combines new blast-deflection technology with the safety features of a
      commercially available truck and NASCAR engineering.

      http://www.livescience.com/technology/050913_military_vehicle.html
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 2005
        Greetings Rosedachs and All,

        "Built on the skeleton of a Ford F-350 truck...." -- Leave it to a
        bunch of NASCAR engineers to try and build an AFV out of a FORD! I
        guess it goes to show you what you can do if you really have got to
        just make do with what you find laying around the garage. That should
        be an inspiration to us All !!!

        So I have got to wonder, Why NASCAR engineers and not off-road and/or
        rally racer engineers? They would just seem to be a more logical
        choice. (Who would want an AFV that only goes around in circles anyway.
        --lol)

        I like it though. It looks like a blocky version of the rover from
        SPACE HUNTER - ADVENTURES IN THE FORBIDDEN ZONE , but at least with
        those they had the good taste to build them out of DODGE RAMCHARGERS!
        --LOL

        Now I have got to wonder what weapons they envision mounting on this
        thing? With that four outward facing seating arrangement it makes for
        the most ideal offensive/defensive gunners positions of any ground
        vehicle yet. (A better designed version of Hammer's Gun Cars???)

        Thoughts Anyone???

        Thanks for the Links!!!! Some VERY cool stuff!

        Sci-Fi_Armor
        The Armor Salvage Yard
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArmorSalvage/
        Big Sky Robotics