Re: [Sci-Fi_Armor] Veterans And Their Mil-Sci-Fi/Fantasy

  • david schnyer
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2013
      i've met david drake and had a few drinks with him, he's good people. we met when some "liberal" moron was ragging on him for writing "pornography of violence" david had to be polite, i did not. i "read him the riot act", suggesting he actually read the afterword comments about david's experiences in viet nam, and old men sending young men to war.
      "gunner"

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2013
        Greetings Brooks, Gunner and ALL,

        Gunner wrote =
        >we met when some "liberal" moron was ragging on him for writing "pornography of violence" <

        Yeah, I reckon those types will always be around. Even saw a few comments by them on that article's page. Funny how ~ violently militant ~ they can get! LOL
        What I don't get is ~ why ~ they would bother to read MSF/F if they hate it so darn much??? I don't like poofy Harlequin romance vampire/werewolf/zombie/ghost/alien/robot/&tc (PUKE!) stories. So I don't read them. Do they do it just so they have something to bitch about??? Poofy Fruit Loops!
        I sometimes wonder if its not guilt. I'm sure that at least a few realize that many of us who served as volunteers and draftees did so so that THEY could stay home warm and comfy with mom and pop, hide out in and go to college, and spend their days reading comic books and peacenik propaganda rags! LOL

        Brooks wrote =
        > Richard C Meredith's "We All Died at Breakaway Station". <

        A True Classic!!!

        > Of the people in the article, I have met Haldeman, Wolfe, Pournelle,
        > Drake, Moon, and I think Scarborough. <

        You guys sure must get around! I'm more than just a little jealous!!!

        I would throw in some of my favorites = David Sherman, Dan Cragg, and William H. Keith (aka Ian Douglas, and many others). GREAT MSF/F writers all. All Veterans!

        KEEP THOSE POOFS AT BAY! Support Your Military Veteran Writers TODAY!

        (could make for a great propaganda type poster! think Beans & Noodles would let us hang one up in their stores??? . . . Yeah, me neither.)

        --- In Sci-Fi_Armor@yahoogroups.com, david schnyer wrote:

        > i've met david drake and had a few drinks with him, he's good people. we met when some "liberal" moron was ragging on him for writing "pornography of violence" david had to be polite, i did not. i "read him the riot act", suggesting he actually read the afterword comments about david's experiences in viet nam, and old men sending young men to war.
        > "gunner"

      • david schnyer
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2013
          you would have enjoyed the sci-fi con where i broke out my old dress blues to take my daughter to dinner, she'd never seen me in uniform. all the "peace brats" gave us a wide berth, it was not a "costume". i did make a friend though, a gal from the marine band, she teased me about being the oldest lance corporal she'd ever seen. yep, time in grade since '59.
          "gunner"