Nice Alternative history WW2 site

  • Terry Sofian
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2012
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 6, 2012
        Greetings Terry and All,

        It ~ IS ~ an interesting site. The author certainly put a lot of thought and research into his work, and I like a lot of his choices!

        The thing that I've been finding rather interesting of late is noting the increasing number of Alternate History Buffs ~ Arming Up ~ nations, that historically, never invested much into their military until it was unavoidable and darn near too late. Not sure if its all just ~ Wishful Thinking /Mind Games ~ on their part, or a feeling that their favorite nation of choice shoulda/coulda done better. A ~ We Coulda kicked EVERYBODY'S butts IF . . . ~ type syndrome???

        What do YOU ALL think???

      • Thomas Cameron
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 6, 2012
          Alternative HISTORY is meerly looking at the same information with
          different variables! I THINK IT'S GREAT! Would like to know if any
          one knows an ALTERNATIVE WW-2 GERMAN ARMOR SITE??? IF YOU DO PLEASE
          POST IT!

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 6, 2012
            that's a wide open field, particularly ww2, hitler's meddling in even "small" affairs cost the germans several game changing weapons that came "too little too late" from the jet fighter interceptor down to the infantry rifle, good armoured vehicle designs that wound up "over engineered" bug ridden and difficult to produce in useful numbers.
            "gunner"

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 6, 2012
              anybody REALLY interested in alternative should read HARRY TURTLEDOVE!

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 6, 2012
                definitely! the man is a master of the alternate reality genre.
                "gunner"

                anybody REALLY interested in alternative should read HARRY TURTLEDOVE!

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 8, 2012
                  Greetings All,

                  Yeah, Harry Turtledove does spin some darn INTERESTING AH yarns! There is no denying that fact. I'm currently hooked on his ~ The War That Came Early ~ series. So many twists and turns that you just KNOW could very well have taken place IF . . . Yeah, GOOD stuff!

                  Though I can not deny that I also many times wish that he would throw more Mil-Sci-Fi into his AH. I would love to see where he could go with some of that!

                  > ALTERNATIVE WW-2 GERMAN ARMOR SITE??? <

                  Thomas, what exactly are you looking for here??? There are a number of Mil-Sci-Fi /AH sites, games and artwork sources that feature heavily into the German Wunderwaffe projects and/or beyond. Its actually a VERY popular theme. More so than any other nation's Secret Projects from that era. Go Figure!

                  I just wish that someone like Dan Abnett would do a series of BOOKS centered around this type of Diesel Fired Mil-Sci-Fi. Sort of a ~ Warhammer 19XX ~ !!! Now THAT would sure get MY Juices going!!! LOL

                  What do YOU ALL think???

                • Thomas Cameron
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 8, 2012

                    Dan..There was a site with some great drawing of allied WHAT IF ARMOR.  Just wondering
                    if there was a GERMAN one also.  Anyone wanting to look at the WHAT IF German
                    airforce.  LOOK for a site called LUFT 46

                    signature  Tom / doc

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 9, 2012
                      Greetings Thomas and All,

                      LUFT '46 is one of my FAVORITE sites! Great images, stats, &tc. Wish that they would expand it and include the X-Stuff from other nations as well. You might also like to check out some of the stuff that they have over at Fantastic Plastic.
                      Concept Aircraft =
                      http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/1940s_concept_air.htm
                      X-Planes & Prototypes =
                      http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/new_page_1.htm
                      They have even more GREAT stuff worth checking out if ya hit those buttons on the bottom of the page. Real Space, Sci-Fi, &tc!!!

                      As to Wunderwaffe Armor, Wiki actually has a pretty good breakdown on the Super-Heavy Tanks.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wunderwaffe#Super-heavy_tanks

                      If you're looking for something a little more Wunderwaffe Sci-Fi you can find that all over Google.
                      Like this LEGO build. =
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/36639363@N06/4636727902/in/photostream/

                      Or Damf's Rotary Cannon =
                      http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/2010/11/ipms-scale-modelworld-2010-part-three.html

                      Or his Weird WWII stuff =
                      http://tasmancave.blogspot.com/p/weird-ww2.html

                      And then there are the Games Like AEG's DUST:Tactics (Just TOO Many great images to pick just one!) =
                      https://www.google.com/search?q=AEG+DUST&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=u7NMUM7PLqWJiALJzICoDg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=655#hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=AGE+Dust+Tactics&oq=AGE+Dust+Tactics&gs_l=img.3...11772.22449.0.24637.23.20.1.0.0.0.155.2335.0j18.18.0...0.0...1c.1.B_bgm16YpOs&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=40f9c64aae632cb7&biw=1024&bih=655

                      Or Maschinen Krieger Zbv 3000 (MaK) which pulls heavily on a WWII German styling.
                      http://www.maschinenkrueger.com/joomla/

                      BUT, like I said, for myself I would really like to find some books/series to read based on this type of Mil-Sci-Fi, so if ~ ANYBODY ~ stumbles across anything ~ ANYTHING AT ALL ~ Please let me know!!!!!!!!