Re: IR cannon

  • Joe Sommer
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 7, 2005
      --- In Sci-Fi_Armor@yahoogroups.com, Grauwolf <grauwulf@y...> wrote:
      > I have also been eyeing the LTTO (Laser Tag Team Ops by Hasbro and
      > available at Wally World for about $50.00 for a set of two guns and
      > sensors.) as a scavenge-able, cheap, yet effective unit.
      > LTTO
      > http://www.1sourcelasertag.com/blank?pageid=32&catstart=0&prodstart=0

      http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2684777&sourceid=07446698532240203764

      Another cheap laser set for $50 (two pistols, two targets). The
      targets shock the wearer so there must an electrical connection that
      could trigger exploding panels, smoke, etc.

      http://www.shockingfun.com/product/LAZERTAG

      Joe
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 9, 2005
        Greetings Joe and All,

        > The targets shock the wearer? <

        I wonder how they got that one past the
        We-Are-Here-To-Protect-You-From-Yourselves-For-Your-Own-Good Safety
        Nazis??? --LOL

        You are right. This system does have a lot of potential. I can not seem
        to track down the specs on these things however. (daylight range, etc.)
        I guess that just makes for yet another excuse to head on over to the
        Toy Dept on my next visit to Wally World.

        If you guys liked those guns you have REALLY got to take a look at
        these TANKS!!!

        RC Laser Tag Electric Shocking Tanks
        http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/7485/?cpg=cj

        Thanks for the Heads Up, Joe!

        Sci-Fi_Armor
        The Armor Salvage Yard
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArmorSalvage/

      • grauwulf
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 11, 2013

          Greetings Eric and ALL,

          I'm about the last person that you'll find intruding on another's visions for armored combat FUN, but having already attempted to go this route I'll point out a simple item THE WIFE hammered home for me when she put the breaks on my first RC war machine. = Unlike Small Seas Battles, RC tanks don't float on a smooth flat surface, but traverse all sorts of rough terrain. This tends to throw their barrels every which way and then some at every possible moment. Basic Gun Safety (something I should have seen without my wife hitting me upside the head with her cast-iron skillet! LOL) makes this a bit of a ~ Not A Good Idea! ~. . . Well, at least not if you don't mind you and any spectators getting hit by your own or your buddy's weapons, replacing your neighbor's windows, explaining to your wife why the dog is walking funny, why the grandkid is crying, &tc, &tc, . . . Yeah, there IS a reason why most of us opted-out for either paintball, airsoft, or IR ammo. = Its a heck of a lot cheaper than buying all of those darn bottles of aspirins! LOL

          Greetings Joe and All,