Re: Vehicle concept's from comic books

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2011
      Greetings Terry, Gunner and All,

      Once again, Terry, THANX FOR THE LINKS!!!

      Though I certainly have to agree with Gunner regarding that boxy ready made target design of the "Bearer" and have to wonder at just what the designer was thinking, I do like the looks of that "Raider". Too bad they didn't include some additional photos of these and some of the"244"other concept vehicles.

      Frankly, I can't see much real benefit from the "sweating" armor idea either. AC chiller coils sandwiched between armor plates might prove more effective and create far less complications resulting from weight, &tc do to ice encrusted armor in "arctic" and/or over evaporation of fluids in desert environs. As a ready source of additional potable water for Troops, . . . well, ~ I ~ sure ain't going to drink that stuff! --LOL

      I was a bit intrigued by the concept of using electro-magnetic magnets to "float" armor plates. Though the power demands of such a system would certainly condemn them to the realms of ~ Far Future Tekno Magik ~ to have any hope of realization, still, an interesting idea.

      So, what with all things considered, I am left to wondering if this BAE Systems study for the UK Ministry of Defense was even suppose to be taken at all seriously??? I'm sure that a lot of folks had a whole lot of good FUN, but . . . . was anything actually accomplished??? Or was this just somebodies way of getting some "new" ideas for armor for an upcoming Sci-Fi flick???

      What do YOU ALL think???

      Anybody here have any Cool design concepts of their own that they would have submitted to this competition???

      Those who refuse to learn from History -
      -- will always screw over those of us who do!!!

      SCI-FI ARMOR
      --- Because the Multiverse is NOT a friendly place.
      "Never Give Up! -- Never Surrender!"