Anti missile aerostat

  • tsofian@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
    • david schnyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
        looks like somebody remembered the "barrage balloons" of ww2 as a defense against low level strafing attacks, updating it as a higher altitude active missile defense. this does make sense as "cost effective" in both money and manpower. just a thought, i could wonder if some young genius at raytheon happened to notice a car dealership's advertising balloons while driving to work one day? the only drawback i can see would be bad weather conditions, but even that could be dealt with by small electric motors turning propellors for station keeping, supplied by a combination of solar panels and a cable up the ground tether line.
        "gunner"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2009
          Greetings Terry, Gunner, and All,

          Thanks for yet Another GREAT and Interesting Link, Terry!!!

          Gunner Wrote ---
          > i could wonder if some young genius at raytheon happened to notice a car dealership's advertising balloons while driving to work one day? <

          I wouldn't doubt THAT! --LOL

          > the only drawback i can see would be bad weather conditions, but even that could be dealt with by small electric motors turning propellors for station keeping, supplied by a combination of solar panels and a cable up the ground tether line. <

          I think that if they are using full 360 Radar it really wouldn't matter much which way these things get turned around. A compass bearing lock and gyros would keep the ground based reader scopes pretty much on beam and that would be about all that really mattered. -- Though if those went out you would probably wind up with a bunch of very seasick Troopers! --LOL

          Did you guys also catch this link on that same site??? --- WOW!

          Nazi Stealth Jet
          http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529548,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r5:c0.119257:b26172034:z0

          SCI-FI ARMOR
          --- Because the Multiverse is NOT a friendly place.