Stryker Upgrades & ???

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2009
      Greetings All,

      A couple of interesting news bits for one of my personal favorites in the current AFV category.

      General Dynamics, Rafael to Replace the Stryker's SLAT Protection Cages With Reactive Armor
      http://www.defense-update.com/features/2009/ma /stryker_reactive_270509.html

      US Army Outlines Future Improvements for the Stryker
      http://www.defense-update.com/newscast/0508/news/news1505_stryker.htm

      QUESTION???

      Since Reactive Armor works by exploding metal plates outward when hit by a projectile thus producing a good bit of shrapnel -- AND -- Strykers operate primarily within confining city environments usually accompanied by dismounted close in support troops --- Does Anybody else see a potential problem here???

      SCI-FI ARMOR
      --- Because the Multiverse is NOT a friendly place.