Rare not-so-RC item...

  • WhiteWolf
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
      A friend had one of these units so many years
      ago... a Big Trak! Its big pull was that you
      could ~program~ it to perform a series of set
      maneuvers, then press 'go' and it would run!
      Even had sounds (it had a shooting sound)

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&category=44026&item=5912781955

      Ends Tues Aug-03 18:04:31 Pacific Time!

      Seller says it functions, though he can't get
      it to dump. Might make an interesting base for
      something else? $25 is a ~steal~!!

      WhiteWolf
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2004
        Greetings WW and All,

        Hey, I remember a neighbor's kid having one of those things! They were
        pretty HIGH TECH toys back-in-the-day. (Yeah, go ahead and laugh now.
        --LOL) I also remember that I kept waiting for the kid to break it so I
        could take it apart. No such luck. It was a little slow as I remember,
        but a few RC upgrades could sure increase the FUN potential. Though the
        $46.00 plus $40.00 S&H final winning bid doesn't make it sound like
        such great deal anymore.
        However, I was at Toys R Us the other day and spotted a 1/20 GI Joe
        tank that as I recall also had some limited programmable moves. I still
        can not figure out why it had the controls mounted on the back of the
        vehicle. Six wheel drive, with a movable turret that fired foam darts,
        a body that tries real hard to look like the tank from Aliens, and all
        for around $35.00. It wouldn't take much to turn that into a real
        fighting machine. Got a birthday coming, maybe I should drop a few
        hints. Yeah, like I need yet another project. Yet you never know. Miss
        it this time around and the next time you see it may be on e-bay going
        for eighty-plus bucks!

        Keep it FUN!

        Dan G

        =====
        Dan

        Sci-Fi_Armor

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2004
          Greetings All,

          Just wanted to take the time to say "Howdy!" to all of the new folks
          who have joined us here over the past few months. Welcome to Sci-Fi
          Armor!

          As you may have noticed we do not stand on any sort of formalities
          around here so if there are any questions that you have, suggestions
          that you would like to make, a topic or idea that you would like to
          discuss, or just want to do a bit of bragging about that dream project
          that you are working on..... Then by all means do feel free to pipe
          right up! We don't bite (much). And all squabbles are restricted to the
          Arena. So if it walks, crawls, hovers, rolls, or ????..... if its
          Sci-Fi and its Armor its welcome.

          (1) So what are folks working on???
          (2) What would you like to build???
          (3) What time period/realm/dimension are you drawing apon???
          (4) What is your source of inspiration???
          (5) Have you given any thought to what sort of primary weapons system
          you want to use???
          (6) What about a secondary weapons system???
          (7) Have you decided apon tracks, wheels, legs, or other form of
          locomotion???
          (8) Are you building from scratch, salvage, or modifying an
          off-the-shelf unit???
          (9) What scale, if any, would you like to build to???

          Okay, my questions so I guess its only fair if I start out by giving my
          answers to them.

          (1) I think that I must have about ten different projects currently at
          some point in their development (literally reinventing wheels here in
          some cases). I really need to get something done so I have decided to
          focus on my Mark V Dragon. A Ground Effect Space Marine Tank.
          (2) My ultimate dream machine will be a medium (???) class Land
          Ironclad with a civil war era USS Monitor cracker-box type turret,
          pedrail wheels, simulated steam propulsion, and twin port and starboard
          Quick-Fire secondary weapon systems.
          (3) For current project, near future warfare on Mars.
          (4) (Wile E. Coyote usually comes to mind --LOL) Partially, the Star
          FIST series of books.
          (5) .40 cal Splatmatic PBM
          (6) Still working this one out, but for the automated Phalanx type gun
          I am thinking about using a pump to squirt/fire a stream of paintball
          paint.
          (7) Ground Effect (hover). You are darn straight I'm cheating. --LOL
          (8) Some old GI Joe salvaged parts left over from my son's much younger
          days, an old RC racing dune buggy, and a whole lot of reinventing of
          wheels.
          (9) 3 3/4 in (1/18 ???) GI Joe action figure size.

          Okay, now lets hear from the rest of you.

          =====