Reunion INFO

  • sayvilleclassof1997
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2007
      Good morning everyone, here it is...Reunion plans.

      Friday June 29th
      7:30 PM The Half Penny Pub-Sayville New York- 220 North Main Street
      Next to Friendly's.

      Sunday June 31st
      10:30 am Sayville Ferry- Sunken Forest/ Sailor's Haven over on Fire
      Island.
      Ferries return to the mainland throughout the day so stay as long as
      you like for a day of relaxation at the beach.

      Saturday is our problem spot. Throughout the last few months I have
      attempted to get a final head count, but as many people have busy
      lives they were unable to give a firm Yes or No. I need to know, who
      is coming. Not who'd like to or will try to but, who is absolutely
      bought a plane ticket took days off of work sure they are coming.

      About 10-15 of us were talking about arranging a trip into the city
      for Saturday and securing group rates at things like the Stature of
      Liberty or a tour of The Met
      so any one else who might be interested in that let me now at
      cornorama@...

      Thank you everyone who has kept me informed of their availability, it
      made my life a little easier.

      At this point is their anyone who needs help with rental cars or
      hotel reservations? I have several people into the Holiday Inn, so I
      only need a few more for reduced rates.

      :) Also I think I get a coffee mug if I put a few more of you in
      there for the weekend.

      I can't wait to see everyone. If you need further info or have any
      suggestions call me at (631)589-3830 or IM on AOL Cornorama

      see you soon
      Corrin
    • Steven M. Castano
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2007
        ok..... I'm going to go ahead and throw my 2 cents in here.... for the rest of the out of town people, some of whom I've spoken too.....

        This is a bit of a BAD idea... why would we all get together on Friday evening, not do anything on Saturday, then head to the beach Sunday.... that makes life VERY difficult for the out of town people planning on coming.

        If there are NO plans for Saturday, why don't we move the bar plans to Saturday night.... or maybe a better, slightly more social and less crowded option would be to get the party room of a restaurant, or even a restaurant/bar.... Irish Time in Holbrook, right down the street from Villa Lombardi's has a great side room that they rarely use on a weekend night, and I'm sure they would be more then happy to let us it for that Saturday night.

        Speak up people... does any of this sound like a better idea to you? At least if we stick with Half Penny, lets move it to Saturday so all the out of town people have a chance to make it in, get settled and have a good time.... not race home, have no time to shower, change, relax or see our family's without having to race to the bar.

        Anyone agree? disagree? anything?

        *SMC

        cornorama@aol. com

        wcdbsteve@...