Greetings

  • Bob Spencer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2005
      Hi, Lee. I'm glad to see this group started, should be a good one. I like
      your idea of suggesting topics on a regular timetable. Too many of these
      groups wander off into the wilderness after a short time, seemingly from a
      lack of interesting topics.

      Bob
    • sassafrassfarm@aim.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2005
        Hi Bob;
        I have always been fascinated with Victorian cooking whether here or abroad.  Of course, I love to cook and I love to eat too.  I think this list is a great idea and I hope it will generate enough interest to keep it moving.  I tried chicken feet once.........hated them.  Of course, in earlier days they ate everything, nothing went into the garbage.  Their diets depended on what was available and they made do.  If there was Hare at the market, they ate hare.  Sure would like to know how they fixed it though.
        I would like to put a notice up for this list on my homestead list if that is alright with you.
        Lee

        Hi, Lee. I'm glad to see this group started, should be a good one. I like
        your idea of suggesting topics on a regular timetable. Too many of these
        groups wander off into the wilderness after a short time, seemingly from a
        lack of interesting topics.

        Bob

        Living history18th centuryFire fireplace

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • dona_halad
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2005
          hello folks, My name is Dicey, and my G.H. and I live on the
          frontier of western Va., along the mighty Kanoy River(Kanawha)
          just west of Ft. Lee, and east of Pt. Pleasant...The good Mr.
          Humphreys and I have known each other a very long time. i love
          the challenge of "open fire" and hearth cooking and am a
          "rabid"(avid) collector of old cookbooks and recipes....My
          persona is a child of German and Welsh parents, raised with
          my German G-parents, my G.H. is a Scot and we lived near Ft.
          Pitt, till he was given a land grant to come here....We have 2
          children, and 1 and 1/2 grandchildren...and i am the Pres. of a
          group called "The Ft. Lee Scouts" Our time frame is mid to late
          1700's, western Va. I am looking forward to exchanging ideas
          and tips with everyone....I remain
          YH&OS
          Dicey
        • Wendy Hannum
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
            --- In SavoryFare_Too@yahoogroups.com, "dona_halad" <dicey46@n...>
            wrote:

            > hello folks, My name is Dicey, and my G.H. and I live on the
            > frontier of western Va., along the mighty Kanoy River(Kanawha)
            > just west of Ft. Lee, and east of Pt. Pleasant...
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:
            Greetings!

            I live about 45 min. north of Pt Pleasant - up the mighty Ohio in Meigs
            County. :o)

            -Wendy Hannum
            Secret Creek Farm
            Long Bottom,OH
          • Wendy Hannum
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
              I'm really looking forward to this group!

              I live in SE Ohio...in a very rural setting within the foothills of
              the Appalachian mountains. Our county is bordered by the mighty Ohio
              river...there's so much history to this area.

              I enjoy identifying/locating/ wildcrafting herbs and such from the
              surrounding woods. I especially like to find foods that Native folk
              harvested and used- the foods most modern folk have forgotten about.
              I learned to make Sumac Tea from the Staghorn sumac's and that was
              great! I LOVE digging roots for my own sassafras tea, cooking with
              spiceberries, morels, etc...that I've harvested myself.

              I enjoy raising dairy, pack(hiking) and meat goats. What an
              enjoyable animal a goat can be. Homecrafted Goatmilk soap is fun to
              make.

              Although my husband of 22 yrs and I keep busy by raising three very
              active teens, I enjoy volunteering when I can at the Chester
              Courthouse- Ohio's Oldest Standing Courthouse (museum):
              www.chestercourthouse.com My husband built the website for the
              courthouse :o) *(He calls himself a high tech redneck). On occas. I
              get to wear period clothing and help with reenacting (Civ War
              Morgan's Raid) and also attend the Heritage classes held at the
              courthouse museum. Last class I attended was "How to make egg
              noodles from scratch. YUM.

              Post away folks...I LOVE to read!

              Wendy Hannum
              Secret Creek Farm