Has anyone been to the springs lately?

  • Jim Catano
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2012
      Can you still drive to the parking lot or is the road's winter gate closed adding 5 miles to the hike?
    • andy_the_russell@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2012
        Over christmas break the gate was open. Besides us three guys up there were natural.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 16, 2012
          Thanks, Andy.  I looked out side and realized today is the snowstorm and not tomorrow.  I'd imagine things might change now.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW0JTcYeKXg&feature=share
        • Kevin McDonald
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2012
            Jim,
                 I went up to the springs a week ago. It was still open then. Probably still is. The trail is great except when you get close to the springs there are Ice patches across the trail. It does get slick in places. The storm we had today probably wont effect the fact that it is still open.
                                                      Good luck. Have fun. And let me know when you go up. I might be able to make it up there to.
                                                             Kevin.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4 1:29 PM
              I didn't get up in January or February, but has anyone been recently and know the status of the road gate? Open or closed?

              Also, I've never tried access from the upper trail in winter. Is there a road gate coming from that side? Do you know the status of it and the road?