Update on legal issue

  • jimcatano
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2010
      This was just posted to the Catalyst Magazine site:

      At least two of the group who were charged have already plea bargained to the lesser charge of disorderly conduct, which amounts to an infraction and a $100 fine, rather than face a trial over charges of lewdness and the ridiculous consequences that Utah law imposes on such individuals. As for the rest of the group of soakers involved, I had attempted to make contact with all of them beforehand and discuss options for a unified fight against the charges, but they had already dropped off the radar as far as I can tell and elected to not seek help in fighting this. I\'ve not heard of any of them choosing to go to trial over this, so I assume they have all struck similar agreements with the court by now. Most of them lived in other states which I\'m sure was a factor as well. As one individual told me, \"It\'s just time for me to get out of Utah. I have no reason to stay and fight.\" Don Zirbel Board of Directors, Naturist Action Committee