Saturday 9th March - Pyramid Hill

  • ELIZABETH PARRY
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2002
      We'll meet at 9.30am at the bus terminus in Sai Kung - by the red taxi stand.
      From there we'll take bus no. 299 to the beginning of Stage 4 of the Maclehose
      Trail. The trail begins with a short stretch of quiet road and then a path
      ascends to the ridge running the length of Ma On Shan Country Park. The views
      of Sai Kung and surrounds are beautiful. Pyramid Hill is a short sharp ascent
      and descent. Just beyond it, we turn north-west and head down to Ma On Shan
      town. The trail ends, as it started with a stretch of quiet road. We should be
      back in Ma On Shan town about 3.30pm ish. From Ma On Shan town, it is possible
      to take buses to Shatin and catch the KCR back into town.

      On the whole this is a moderate hike, but there is prolonged ascent uphill to
      the ridge which is strenuous. Pyramid Hill itself can be neatly by-passed.
      Gluttons for punishment can do a side-trip up Ma On Shan itself.

      Look forward to seeing you Saturday.

      Elizabeth