HIke on Saturday 9th April

  • susiwhaley
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2005
      Hike on Saturday 9th April: Sai Kung to Tate's Cairn via Emerald Hill (Maclehose 4)

      Grade : Moderate plus to strenuous.

      Meet: Choi Hung MTR station Exit C at 9.25, or Sai Kung bus station at 10am.

      Walking time: NOT including stops, four plus hours, so allow at least five hours

      We will take a minibus to Sai Kung from Choi Hung. We walk up to join the
      Maclehose Trail from Sai Kung bus station. Emerald Hill is optional, but a good leg
      stretcher to enjoy a good view and snack. Of course, Ma On San has the better view
      but is a little out of the way. Descending Emerald Hill, we continue along
      Maclehouse 4 with lovely views of sleepy Hebe Haven, and meander past the tawny
      slopes of Buffalo Hill towards Tate's Cairn. Up and over Tate's Cairn, we descend
      Jat's Incline to Wong Tai Sin MTR station. This is one of my favourite walks in Hong
      Kong - hopefully we will be able to witness the lovely scenery.

      The weather has warmed up substantially and this is a LONG hike, so please come
      prepared with plenty of water, lunch, and sunscreen. I haven't checked the weather
      forecast, but best be prepared for rain too.

      Tel before the hike: Susie Whaley: 2849-5674, phone on the day 97429583