Walk this Saturday (4 September) - Lamma

  • Anna Niewiadomska
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      We have tried twice to organise this lazy walk, but without much success.
      First (May) it was pouring and we had to cancel, then (June) only David B
      showed up. So let's try again:

      Meeting: Aberdeen, at the pier or on board of the 11:00 Chuen Kee Ferry
      (Kaito) to Sok Kwu Wan.
      Grade: easy
      Take: water, hat, swimming suit
      Leaders: Anna & Michael, no mobile
      Walking time (Mo Tat to Sok Kwu Wan) about 1.5 hour

      The pier is located at the west end of the Aberdeen promenade along the
      Aberdeen Praya Rd, next to the Wholesale Fish market to the right and the
      pier for the Jumbo Floating Restaurant boats to the left. Don't confuse it
      with the HKKF pier for Yung She Wan ferries, located much more to the east.
      It is opposite the ABBA shopping plaza. You can get there eg. by bus 37b
      (going east) from Central and Admiralty, but there are many other ways to
      get to Aberdeen. If you need more instructions which bus to take or how to
      find the pier, please give us a call at 2546 9550 and we'll try to explain.

      The ferry leaves on 11:00 sharp, so be in time.

      We will not go all the way to Sok Kwu Wan, but get off at the first ferry
      stop at Mo Tat Wan. From there we will walk via the Mo Tat and Yung Shue Ha
      villages towards the unofficial beach at Shek Pai Wan, where we can stop
      for a quick dip. From the beach we continue to Sok Kwu Wan for a seafood
      lunch in one of the restaurants.

      This is a nice and easy walk, we force all our HK guests to take.

      After lunch those in a hurry can return to Aberdeen or Central (depending
      on exact time and ferry schedule), and the rest of the group could continue
      to Yung Shue Wan, or spend the rest of the day at one of the two official
      beaches on the way: Lo So Shing or Hung Shing Yeh.

      Anna & Michael
    • Anna Niewiadomska
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2006
        Following the successful Po Toi walk cum lunch last Saturday, we
        decided to
        repeat the experience on (admittedly less exotic) Lamma. Here is the
        copy
        of our September 2004 announcement which remains applicable to this
        Saturday as well: