File - Hiking Schedule

  • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2003
      Saturday Hikers proposed hikes for the end of the first part 2003 Season

      8.March
      Leader: Jenny Wu
      Hike: Shin Mun Reservoir, Waterfalls
      grade: moderate

      15.March
      Leader: Elizabeth Parry
      Hike: Sai Kung; Yung Shue O to Pak Tam Au
      grade: moderate

      22.March
      Leader: Janet and Andrew Starr
      Hike: Lantau
      grade: moderate

      29.March:
      Leader: Oz or Karen and Rebekah

      5.April
      Leader: Philip Ozborne, Oz
      Hike: Jacob's ladder, MacLehose stage 3

      12. April
      Leader: Sabine Hain
      Hike: Lions Rock
      grade: moderate

      19.April
      Leader: Stephen Rogers
      Hike:

      26.April
      Leader: Sally Bernard and Lynn Seymour
      Hike: Lantau: Tung Chung to Tai O
      grade: moderate

      3.May
      Leader: David Bottomly
      Hike: Victoria Peak
      grade: easy

      10.May
      Leader: John Teather
      Hike: Tsuen Yuen Trail
      grade: moderate

      17.May
      Leader: David Johncock
      Hike:
      grade:

      24.May
      Leader: Polish Couple
      Hike: Lantau or some other place with a waterhole
      Grade: easy

      First information we need, if you want to lead a hike:

      Day Month
      Leader :
      Hike Name :
      Grade : type & duration

      Contact Sabine or Christine!

      Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
      Meeting Place & Time:
      Itinerary :
      What to bring? :

      This document is located at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
    • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 1 11:52 AM
          SaturdayHikers planned hikes for the second season 2003

          11.October
          Leader: Sabine Hain
          Hike: Lantau with camping at Lo Kei Wan
          grade: easy

          18. October
          Leader: Jenny Wu
          Hike: Needle Hill, Grassy Hill
          grade: strenous

          25. October
          Leader: John Teather
          Hike:
          grade: moderate

          1. November
          Leader: Jenny Wu
          Hike: Lam Tin
          grade: moderate

          8. November
          Leader: Peter McTavish
          Hike: Lama Island, Mount Stenhouse
          grade: moderate/strenous

          15. November
          Leader: Roger and Deepak
          Hike:
          grade: moderate

          22. November
          Leader: Janet and Andrew Starr
          Hike: Dragon's Back, Hong Kong Island
          grade: easy

          29. November
          Leader: Polish Couple
          Hike: Violet Hill
          grade: moderate

          5. December
          Sabine's farewell tram party

          6. December
          Leader: Sabine Hain
          Hike: Lantau
          grade: moderate/strenous

          13. December
          Leader: Jenny Wu
          Tai Po Kau
          grade: moderate

          13. December, evening
          Christmas Party
          Leader: Denise Giles
          Place: FCC

          Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
          Meeting Place & Time:
          Itinerary :
          What to bring? :

          This document is located at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
        • Anna Niewiadomska
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 16 5:17 PM
            Dear Sabine, Linda, Kim, Chris and Rebekah,

            Please let me know if you are coming tomorrow so I can bring them for you!

            Cheers Anna
          • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 2, 2003
                Hi There,
                Regarding this coming saturday┬╣s LANTAU HIKE, could you please tell me the
                route and time and place to meet. I should like to come and need to juggle
                times....
                Thank-You
                Adrian Churn

                On 12/2/03 2:36 AM, "SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com"
                <SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
                > Leader: Jenny Wu
                > Hike: Lam Tin
                > grade: moderate
                >
                > 8. November
                > Leader: Peter McTavish
                > Hike: Lama Island, Mount Stenhouse
                > grade: moderate/strenous
                >
                > 15. November
                > Leader: Roger and Deepak
                > Hike:
                > grade: moderate
                >
                > 22. November
                > Leader: Janet and Andrew Starr
                > Hike: Dragon's Back, Hong Kong Island
                > grade: easy
                >
                > 29. November
                > Leader: Polish Couple
                > Hike: Violet Hill
                > grade: moderate
                >
                > 5. December
                > Sabine's farewell tram party
                >
                > 6. December
                > Leader: Sabine Hain
                > Hike: Lantau
                > grade: moderate/strenous
                >
                > 13. December
                > Leader: Jenny Wu
                > Tai Po Kau
                > grade: moderate
                >
                > 13. December, evening
                > Christmas Party
                > Leader: Denise Giles
                > Place: FCC
                >
                > Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
                > Meeting Place & Time:
                > Itinerary :
                > What to bring? :
                >

                > This document is located at
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
                >

                > Disclaimer. Participants in the walks do so entirely at their own risk. No
                > responsibility is implied or taken for any inaccuracies in the itineraries. By
                > joining the walk, all participants are automatically seen to have agreed to
                > have entered into a disclaimer which exonerates the walk leaders and the
                > organizers from any personal or public responsibility whatsoever and for any
                > claims, injuries or damages arising thereof. The walks may be cancelled, the
                > destination changed or the level of endurance altered without prior notice.
                >
                > The tentative hike schedule is located at
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20

                > For those interested to subscribe to this group, send an email to:
                > SaturdayHikers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. It is recommended to use a personal
                > e-mail account, rather than a company one, and not to set auto-reply when on
                > leave of absence.
                >
                > Kindly use the e-mail address SaturdayHikers@... for purposes
                > related to hiking and its enjoyment. Messages of a more specific nature are to
                > be sent to personal e-mail addresses (see the Members list).
                >
                > The option REPLY will only reply to the sender (Preferred). To send a reply to
                > ALL members of the group, use your e-mails' REPLY-TO-ALL option.

                > Saturday Hikers do not organise hikes during the period June to September due
                > to the risks associated with extreme heat and humidity.

              • C Heller
                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 5, 2003
                  To all,
                  Thank you for the update. I plan on attending the hike on 13 December. Please send details.
                  Regards,
                  Craig

[...]

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 2, 2004
                    SaturdayHikers planned hikes for the second season 2003

                    3rd January
                    Leader Chris Bailey
                    grade: moderate

                    10th January
                    Leader: David Johncock
                    Place: Tai Mo Shan
                    Grade: strenuous

                    17th January
                    Leader: Elizabeth Parry
                    Place: Lantau
                    Grade: moderate

                    24th January
                    Leader: Lorna Christofis
                    Place: Junk Peak
                    grade: moderate

                    31st January
                    Leader: Stephen Rogers
                    Place
                    grade: strenuous

                    7th February
                    Leader: Peter McTavish
                    Place: Castle Peak
                    grade: moderate

                    14th February
                    Leader: David Bottomley
                    Place: Stone Trail
                    Grade: easy

                    21st February
                    Leader: Elizabeth Parry
                    Place: Sai Wan Country Park
                    Grade: moderate

                    28th February
                    Leader: Jenny Wu
                    Place:
                    Grade: strenuous

                    6th March
                    Leader: Jenny Wu
                    Place: Wilson Trail
                    Grade: moderate

                    13th March
                    Leader: Patricia Bierregaard
                    Place:
                    Grade: easy or moderate

                    20th March
                    Leader: David Johncock
                    Place: Hong Kong Island
                    Grade; moderate

                    17th April
                    Leader: John Teather
                    Place: Plover Cove
                    Grade: strenuous

                    24th April
                    Leader: Polish Couple
                    Place:
                    Grade: easy

                    1st May
                    Leader: Jenny Wu
                    Place: Wilson Trail
                    Grade: moderate

                    8th May
                    Leader: Polish Couple
                    Place: Lantau: Ngong Ping to Tung Chung
                    grade: easy

                    Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
                    Meeting Place & Time:
                    Itinerary :
                    What to bring? :

                    This document is located at
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
                  • Jennifer Wu
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 5, 2004
                      To make you feel better - since I have not yet decided
                      where my hike will be on 28/2, I'm not sure why it has
                      already been designated "strenuous". It will probably
                      be more in the moderate category...
                      Happy New Year!
                      Jenny

                      http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
                    • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 3, 2004
                          Hi, everyone, and happy new year! My next hike is now
                          21 Feb, not 28, and it'll be moderate, not strenuous.
                          Pretty, too!
                          Best wishes, looking forward to seeing you all very
                          soon.
                          Jenny

                          http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
                        • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 2, 2004
                              Can this move to March in the not so hot--please???
                              17th April
                              Leader: John Teather
                              Place: Plover Cove
                              Grade: strenuous
                              Cheers
                              Adrienne

                              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20F
                              or those interested to subscribe to this group, send an email to:
                              SaturdayHikers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. It is recommended to use a
                              personal e-mail account, rather than a company one, and not to set
                              auto-reply when on leave of absence.

                              Kindly use the e-mail address SaturdayHikers@... for
                              purposes related to hiking and its enjoyment. Messages of a more
                              specific nature are to be sent to personal e-mail addresses (see the
                              Members list).

                              The option REPLY will only reply to the sender (Preferred). To send a
                              reply to ALL members of the group, use your e-mails' REPLY-TO-ALL
                              option.

                              Saturday Hikers do not organise hikes during the period June to
                              September due to the risks associated with extreme heat and humidity.
                              during the period June to September due to the risks associated with
                              extreme heat and humidity.
                              Yahoo! Groups Links
                            • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com