File - Hiking Schedule

  • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 1, 2003
      Saturday Hikers proposed hikes for the end of the first part 2003 Season

      8.March
      Leader: Jenny Wu
      Hike: Shin Mun Reservoir, Waterfalls
      grade: moderate

      15.March
      Leader: Elizabeth Parry
      Hike: Sai Kung; Yung Shue O to Pak Tam Au
      grade: moderate

      22.March
      Leader: Janet and Andrew Starr
      Hike: Lantau
      grade: moderate

      29.March:
      Leader: Oz or Karen and Rebekah

      5.April
      Leader: Philip Ozborne, Oz
      Hike: Jacob's ladder, MacLehose stage 3

      12. April
      Leader: Sabine Hain
      Hike: Lions Rock
      grade: moderate

      19.April
      Leader: Stephen Rogers
      Hike:

      26.April
      Leader: Sally Bernard and Lynn Seymour
      Hike: Lantau: Tung Chung to Tai O
      grade: moderate

      3.May
      Leader: David Bottomly
      Hike: Victoria Peak
      grade: easy

      10.May
      Leader: John Teather
      Hike: Tsuen Yuen Trail
      grade: moderate

      17.May
      Leader: David Johncock
      Hike:
      grade:

      24.May
      Leader: Polish Couple
      Hike: Lantau or some other place with a waterhole
      Grade: easy

      First information we need, if you want to lead a hike:

      Day Month
      Leader :
      Hike Name :
      Grade : type & duration

      Contact Sabine or Christine!

      Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
      Meeting Place & Time:
      Itinerary :
      What to bring? :

      This document is located at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
    • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 1, 2003
            SaturdayHikers planned hikes for the second season 2003

            11.October
            Leader: Sabine Hain
            Hike: Lantau with camping at Lo Kei Wan
            grade: easy

            18. October
            Leader: Jenny Wu
            Hike: Needle Hill, Grassy Hill
            grade: strenous

            25. October
            Leader: John Teather
            Hike:
            grade: moderate

            1. November
            Leader: Jenny Wu
            Hike: Lam Tin
            grade: moderate

            8. November
            Leader: Peter McTavish
            Hike: Lama Island, Mount Stenhouse
            grade: moderate/strenous

            15. November
            Leader: Roger and Deepak
            Hike:
            grade: moderate

            22. November
            Leader: Janet and Andrew Starr
            Hike: Dragon's Back, Hong Kong Island
            grade: easy

            29. November
            Leader: Polish Couple
            Hike: Violet Hill
            grade: moderate

            5. December
            Sabine's farewell tram party

            6. December
            Leader: Sabine Hain
            Hike: Lantau
            grade: moderate/strenous

            13. December
            Leader: Jenny Wu
            Tai Po Kau
            grade: moderate

            13. December, evening
            Christmas Party
            Leader: Denise Giles
            Place: FCC

            Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
            Meeting Place & Time:
            Itinerary :
            What to bring? :

            This document is located at
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
          • Anna Niewiadomska
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 16, 2003
              Dear Sabine, Linda, Kim, Chris and Rebekah,

              Please let me know if you are coming tomorrow so I can bring them for you!

              Cheers Anna
            • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 2, 2003
                  Hi There,
                  Regarding this coming saturday¹s LANTAU HIKE, could you please tell me the
                  route and time and place to meet. I should like to come and need to juggle
                  times....
                  Thank-You
                  Adrian Churn

                  On 12/2/03 2:36 AM, "SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com"
                  <SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
                  > Leader: Jenny Wu
                  > Hike: Lam Tin
                  > grade: moderate
                  >
                  > 8. November
                  > Leader: Peter McTavish
                  > Hike: Lama Island, Mount Stenhouse
                  > grade: moderate/strenous
                  >
                  > 15. November
                  > Leader: Roger and Deepak
                  > Hike:
                  > grade: moderate
                  >
                  > 22. November
                  > Leader: Janet and Andrew Starr
                  > Hike: Dragon's Back, Hong Kong Island
                  > grade: easy
                  >
                  > 29. November
                  > Leader: Polish Couple
                  > Hike: Violet Hill
                  > grade: moderate
                  >
                  > 5. December
                  > Sabine's farewell tram party
                  >
                  > 6. December
                  > Leader: Sabine Hain
                  > Hike: Lantau
                  > grade: moderate/strenous
                  >
                  > 13. December
                  > Leader: Jenny Wu
                  > Tai Po Kau
                  > grade: moderate
                  >
                  > 13. December, evening
                  > Christmas Party
                  > Leader: Denise Giles
                  > Place: FCC
                  >
                  > Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
                  > Meeting Place & Time:
                  > Itinerary :
                  > What to bring? :
                  >

                  > This document is located at
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
                  >

                  > Disclaimer. Participants in the walks do so entirely at their own risk. No
                  > responsibility is implied or taken for any inaccuracies in the itineraries. By
                  > joining the walk, all participants are automatically seen to have agreed to
                  > have entered into a disclaimer which exonerates the walk leaders and the
                  > organizers from any personal or public responsibility whatsoever and for any
                  > claims, injuries or damages arising thereof. The walks may be cancelled, the
                  > destination changed or the level of endurance altered without prior notice.
                  >
                  > The tentative hike schedule is located at
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20

                  > For those interested to subscribe to this group, send an email to:
                  > SaturdayHikers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. It is recommended to use a personal
                  > e-mail account, rather than a company one, and not to set auto-reply when on
                  > leave of absence.
                  >
                  > Kindly use the e-mail address SaturdayHikers@... for purposes
                  > related to hiking and its enjoyment. Messages of a more specific nature are to
                  > be sent to personal e-mail addresses (see the Members list).
                  >
                  > The option REPLY will only reply to the sender (Preferred). To send a reply to
                  > ALL members of the group, use your e-mails' REPLY-TO-ALL option.

                  > Saturday Hikers do not organise hikes during the period June to September due
                  > to the risks associated with extreme heat and humidity.

                • C Heller
                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 5, 2003
                    To all,
                    Thank you for the update. I plan on attending the hike on 13 December. Please send details.
                    Regards,
                    Craig

[...]

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 2, 2004
                      SaturdayHikers planned hikes for the second season 2003

                      3rd January
                      Leader Chris Bailey
                      grade: moderate

                      10th January
                      Leader: David Johncock
                      Place: Tai Mo Shan
                      Grade: strenuous

                      17th January
                      Leader: Elizabeth Parry
                      Place: Lantau
                      Grade: moderate

                      24th January
                      Leader: Lorna Christofis
                      Place: Junk Peak
                      grade: moderate

                      31st January
                      Leader: Stephen Rogers
                      Place
                      grade: strenuous

                      7th February
                      Leader: Peter McTavish
                      Place: Castle Peak
                      grade: moderate

                      14th February
                      Leader: David Bottomley
                      Place: Stone Trail
                      Grade: easy

                      21st February
                      Leader: Elizabeth Parry
                      Place: Sai Wan Country Park
                      Grade: moderate

                      28th February
                      Leader: Jenny Wu
                      Place:
                      Grade: strenuous

                      6th March
                      Leader: Jenny Wu
                      Place: Wilson Trail
                      Grade: moderate

                      13th March
                      Leader: Patricia Bierregaard
                      Place:
                      Grade: easy or moderate

                      20th March
                      Leader: David Johncock
                      Place: Hong Kong Island
                      Grade; moderate

                      17th April
                      Leader: John Teather
                      Place: Plover Cove
                      Grade: strenuous

                      24th April
                      Leader: Polish Couple
                      Place:
                      Grade: easy

                      1st May
                      Leader: Jenny Wu
                      Place: Wilson Trail
                      Grade: moderate

                      8th May
                      Leader: Polish Couple
                      Place: Lantau: Ngong Ping to Tung Chung
                      grade: easy

                      Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
                      Meeting Place & Time:
                      Itinerary :
                      What to bring? :

                      This document is located at
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
                    • Jennifer Wu
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 5, 2004
                        To make you feel better - since I have not yet decided
                        where my hike will be on 28/2, I'm not sure why it has
                        already been designated "strenuous". It will probably
                        be more in the moderate category...
                        Happy New Year!
                        Jenny

                        http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
                      • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 3, 2004
                            Hi, everyone, and happy new year! My next hike is now
                            21 Feb, not 28, and it'll be moderate, not strenuous.
                            Pretty, too!
                            Best wishes, looking forward to seeing you all very
                            soon.
                            Jenny

                            http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
                          • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com

                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 2 3:34 PM
                                Can this move to March in the not so hot--please???
                                17th April
                                Leader: John Teather
                                Place: Plover Cove
                                Grade: strenuous
                                Cheers
                                Adrienne

                                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20F
                                or those interested to subscribe to this group, send an email to:
                                SaturdayHikers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. It is recommended to use a
                                personal e-mail account, rather than a company one, and not to set
                                auto-reply when on leave of absence.

                                Kindly use the e-mail address SaturdayHikers@... for
                                purposes related to hiking and its enjoyment. Messages of a more
                                specific nature are to be sent to personal e-mail addresses (see the
                                Members list).

                                The option REPLY will only reply to the sender (Preferred). To send a
                                reply to ALL members of the group, use your e-mails' REPLY-TO-ALL
                                option.

                                Saturday Hikers do not organise hikes during the period June to
                                September due to the risks associated with extreme heat and humidity.
                                during the period June to September due to the risks associated with
                                extreme heat and humidity.
                                Yahoo! Groups Links
                              • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com