File - Hiking Schedule

  • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
      Saturday Hikers proposed hikes for the end of the first part 2003 Season

      8.March
      Leader: Jenny Wu
      Hike: Shin Mun Reservoir, Waterfalls
      grade: moderate

      15.March
      Leader: Elizabeth Parry
      Hike: Sai Kung; Yung Shue O to Pak Tam Au
      grade: moderate

      22.March
      Leader: Janet and Andrew Starr
      Hike: Lantau
      grade: moderate

      29.March:
      Leader: Oz or Karen and Rebekah

      5.April
      Leader: Philip Ozborne, Oz
      Hike: Jacob's ladder, MacLehose stage 3

      12. April
      Leader: Sabine Hain
      Hike: Grassy Hill or Robin's Nest

      19.April
      Leader: Stephen Rogers
      Hike:

      26.April
      Leader: Sally Bernard and Lynn Seymour
      Hike: Lantau: Tung Chung to Tai O
      grade: moderate

      3.May
      Leader: David Bottomly
      Hike: Victoria Peak
      grade: easy

      10.May
      Leader: John Teather
      Hike: Tsuen Yuen Trail
      grade: moderate

      17.May
      Leader: David Johncock
      Hike:
      grade:

      24.May
      Leader: Polish Couple
      Hike: Lantau or some other place with a waterhole
      Grade: easy

      First information we need, if you want to lead a hike:

      Day Month
      Leader :
      Hike Name :
      Grade : type & duration

      Contact Sabine or Christine!

      Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
      Meeting Place & Time:
      Itinerary :
      What to bring? :

      This document is located at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
    • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2003
        Saturday Hikers proposed hikes for the end of the first part 2003 Season

        8.March
        Leader: Jenny Wu
        Hike: Shin Mun Reservoir, Waterfalls
        grade: moderate

        15.March
        Leader: Elizabeth Parry
        Hike: Sai Kung; Yung Shue O to Pak Tam Au
        grade: moderate

        22.March
        Leader: Janet and Andrew Starr
        Hike: Lantau
        grade: moderate

        29.March:
        Leader: Oz or Karen and Rebekah

        5.April
        Leader: Philip Ozborne, Oz
        Hike: Jacob's ladder, MacLehose stage 3

        12. April
        Leader: Sabine Hain
        Hike: Lions Rock
        grade: moderate

                Message 7 of 24 , Oct 1, 2003
                  SaturdayHikers planned hikes for the second season 2003

                  11.October
                  Leader: Sabine Hain
                  Hike: Lantau with camping at Lo Kei Wan
                  grade: easy

                  18. October
                  Leader: Jenny Wu
                  Hike: Needle Hill, Grassy Hill
                  grade: strenous

                  25. October
                  Leader: John Teather
                  Hike:
                  grade: moderate

                  1. November
                  Leader: Jenny Wu
                  Hike: Lam Tin
                  grade: moderate

                  8. November
                  Leader: Peter McTavish
                  Hike: Lama Island, Mount Stenhouse
                  grade: moderate/strenous

                  15. November
                  Leader: Roger and Deepak
                  Hike:
                  grade: moderate

                  22. November
                  Leader: Janet and Andrew Starr
                  Hike: Dragon's Back, Hong Kong Island
                  grade: easy

                  29. November
                  Leader: Polish Couple
                  Hike: Violet Hill
                  grade: moderate

                  5. December
                  Sabine's farewell tram party

                  6. December
                  Leader: Sabine Hain
                  Hike: Lantau
                  grade: moderate/strenous

                  13. December
                  Leader: Jenny Wu
                  Tai Po Kau
                  grade: moderate

                  13. December, evening
                  Christmas Party
                  Leader: Denise Giles
                  Place: FCC

                  Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
                  Meeting Place & Time:
                  Itinerary :
                  What to bring? :

                  This document is located at
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
                • Anna Niewiadomska
                  Message 8 of 24 , Oct 16, 2003
                    Dear Sabine, Linda, Kim, Chris and Rebekah,

                    Please let me know if you are coming tomorrow so I can bring them for you!

                    Cheers Anna
                  • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 24 , Dec 2 8:35 PM
                        Hi There,
                        Regarding this coming saturday┬╣s LANTAU HIKE, could you please tell me the
                        route and time and place to meet. I should like to come and need to juggle
                        times....
                        Thank-You
                        Adrian Churn

                        On 12/2/03 2:36 AM, "SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com"
                        <SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
                        > Leader: Jenny Wu
                        > Hike: Lam Tin
                        > grade: moderate
                        >
                        > 8. November
                        > Leader: Peter McTavish
                        > Hike: Lama Island, Mount Stenhouse
                        > grade: moderate/strenous
                        >
                        > 15. November
                        > Leader: Roger and Deepak
                        > Hike:
                        > grade: moderate
                        >
                        > 22. November
                        > Leader: Janet and Andrew Starr
                        > Hike: Dragon's Back, Hong Kong Island
                        > grade: easy
                        >
                        > 29. November
                        > Leader: Polish Couple
                        > Hike: Violet Hill
                        > grade: moderate
                        >
                        > 5. December
                        > Sabine's farewell tram party
                        >
                        > 6. December
                        > Leader: Sabine Hain
                        > Hike: Lantau
                        > grade: moderate/strenous
                        >
                        > 13. December
                        > Leader: Jenny Wu
                        > Tai Po Kau
                        > grade: moderate
                        >
                        > 13. December, evening
                        > Christmas Party
                        > Leader: Denise Giles
                        > Place: FCC
                        >
                        > Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
                        > Meeting Place & Time:
                        > Itinerary :
                        > What to bring? :
                        >

                        > This document is located at
                        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
                        >

                        > Disclaimer. Participants in the walks do so entirely at their own risk. No
                        > responsibility is implied or taken for any inaccuracies in the itineraries. By
                        > joining the walk, all participants are automatically seen to have agreed to
                        > have entered into a disclaimer which exonerates the walk leaders and the
                        > organizers from any personal or public responsibility whatsoever and for any
                        > claims, injuries or damages arising thereof. The walks may be cancelled, the
                        > destination changed or the level of endurance altered without prior notice.
                        >
                        > The tentative hike schedule is located at
                        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20

                        > For those interested to subscribe to this group, send an email to:
                        > SaturdayHikers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. It is recommended to use a personal
                        > e-mail account, rather than a company one, and not to set auto-reply when on
                        > leave of absence.
                        >
                        > Kindly use the e-mail address SaturdayHikers@... for purposes
                        > related to hiking and its enjoyment. Messages of a more specific nature are to
                        > be sent to personal e-mail addresses (see the Members list).
                        >
                        > The option REPLY will only reply to the sender (Preferred). To send a reply to
                        > ALL members of the group, use your e-mails' REPLY-TO-ALL option.

                        > Saturday Hikers do not organise hikes during the period June to September due
                        > to the risks associated with extreme heat and humidity.

                      • C Heller
                        Message 11 of 24 , Dec 5 11:38 PM
                          To all,
                          Thank you for the update. I plan on attending the hike on 13 December. Please send details.
                          Regards,
                          Craig

[...]

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 2, 2004
                            SaturdayHikers planned hikes for the second season 2003

                            3rd January
                            Leader Chris Bailey
                            grade: moderate

                            10th January
                            Leader: David Johncock
                            Place: Tai Mo Shan
                            Grade: strenuous

                            17th January
                            Leader: Elizabeth Parry
                            Place: Lantau
                            Grade: moderate

                            24th January
                            Leader: Lorna Christofis
                            Place: Junk Peak
                            grade: moderate

                            31st January
                            Leader: Stephen Rogers
                            Place
                            grade: strenuous

                            7th February
                            Leader: Peter McTavish
                            Place: Castle Peak
                            grade: moderate

                            14th February
                            Leader: David Bottomley
                            Place: Stone Trail
                            Grade: easy

                            21st February
                            Leader: Elizabeth Parry
                            Place: Sai Wan Country Park
                            Grade: moderate

                            28th February
                            Leader: Jenny Wu
                            Place:
                            Grade: strenuous

                            6th March
                            Leader: Jenny Wu
                            Place: Wilson Trail
                            Grade: moderate

                            13th March
                            Leader: Patricia Bierregaard
                            Place:
                            Grade: easy or moderate

                            20th March
                            Leader: David Johncock
                            Place: Hong Kong Island
                            Grade; moderate

                            17th April
                            Leader: John Teather
                            Place: Plover Cove
                            Grade: strenuous

                            24th April
                            Leader: Polish Couple
                            Place:
                            Grade: easy

                            1st May
                            Leader: Jenny Wu
                            Place: Wilson Trail
                            Grade: moderate

                            8th May
                            Leader: Polish Couple
                            Place: Lantau: Ngong Ping to Tung Chung
                            grade: easy

                            Additional Information or else provide in e-mail a few days before the hike:
                            Meeting Place & Time:
                            Itinerary :
                            What to bring? :

                            This document is located at
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20
                          • Jennifer Wu
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jan 5, 2004
                              To make you feel better - since I have not yet decided
                              where my hike will be on 28/2, I'm not sure why it has
                              already been designated "strenuous". It will probably
                              be more in the moderate category...
                              Happy New Year!
                              Jenny

                              http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
                            • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 24 , Feb 3, 2004
                                  Hi, everyone, and happy new year! My next hike is now
                                  21 Feb, not 28, and it'll be moderate, not strenuous.
                                  Pretty, too!
                                  Best wishes, looking forward to seeing you all very
                                  soon.
                                  Jenny

                                  http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
                                • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 2, 2004
                                      Can this move to March in the not so hot--please???
                                      17th April
                                      Leader: John Teather
                                      Place: Plover Cove
                                      Grade: strenuous
                                      Cheers
                                      Adrienne

                                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaturdayHikers/files/Hiking%20Schedule%20F
                                      or those interested to subscribe to this group, send an email to:
                                      SaturdayHikers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. It is recommended to use a
                                      personal e-mail account, rather than a company one, and not to set
                                      auto-reply when on leave of absence.

                                      Kindly use the e-mail address SaturdayHikers@... for
                                      purposes related to hiking and its enjoyment. Messages of a more
                                      specific nature are to be sent to personal e-mail addresses (see the
                                      Members list).

                                      The option REPLY will only reply to the sender (Preferred). To send a
                                      reply to ALL members of the group, use your e-mails' REPLY-TO-ALL
                                      option.

                                      Saturday Hikers do not organise hikes during the period June to
                                      September due to the risks associated with extreme heat and humidity.
                                      during the period June to September due to the risks associated with
                                      extreme heat and humidity.
                                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                                    • SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com