Hike for May 4th - Tai Po to Tsuen Wan via Tai Mo Shan

  • glbglb1
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2013
      Posted by Greg on behalf of Roger
      ---------------------------------
      Leader: Roger Munday - 91045137
      Difficulty: Strenuous
      Meet at Tai Po Market MTR 10am Starbucks, from there we walk out to follow the water catchment and pick up Wilson Stage 8 to Lead Mine Pass. Here we take Mac 8 all the way over Tai Mo Shan to the start of Mac 9.
      At this point - about 13 klm - there is the option to finish if anyone wants, or weather is against us, as buses run on this road.

      However our intention would be to continue on Mac 9 past Route Twisk a couple of kilometers, then turn off to eventually pick up the Yuen Tsuen Ancient Trail and down to Tsuen Wan MTR station.
      Total distance around 19klm.

      Considering the weather, should it turn too bad there is the option for an earlier exit off of Mac 8 down to Kadoorie Farm.