Bike ride for April 26th - Tai Wai to Plover Cove

  • glbglb1
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2013
      Posted by Greg on behalf of Grace - after the success of the recent bike-hike, Grace has decided to stretch the definition of SaturdayHikers yet further, and lead a bike ride with no hiking at all (except the distance from the MTR station to the bike rental shop).

      Meet at 10:00 a.m. at Tai Wai MTR, ticket gates near exit D, for rental of bikes which will costs approx HK$60 and proceed from there to Tai Mei Tuk for lunch. Proceed then on to Plover Cove. From there straight back to Science Park for afternoon tea (primarily for ice tea to quench the thirst) and then back to Tai Wai to return the bikes.

      Leader: Grace - 94807626.

      Please bring appropriate rain weather clothing in case it rains. The forecast is cloudy to overcast with occasional rain and squally thunderstorms. Rain will be heavy at times. Because of the weather forecast of rain, at about 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, I will post out a reply to sat hikers whether the bike ride will proceed or not. That way if it is raining in the morning, the bike ride can be called off.
    • glbglb1
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2013
        Grace's update at 8:15 Saturday - It looks like a nice day today. We will proceed with the bike ride.