Feb 23 Hike - Change of leader and meeting place

  • glbglb1
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013
      Hi Hikers,
      Susie is unable to lead the Repulse Bay hike this Saturday, so I'll take it over. One small change from Susie's description is that the meeting place will move one bus stop earlier, to the main Repulse Bay bus stop. Specifically, the little park a few steps down from the bus stop (still 9:50).
      - Greg

      Here's the updated description:
      This coming Saturday, the route will be Repulse Bay to The Peak.

      This is a moderate, but there are plenty of options to bail out early.

      Meet at the little park just down from the main Repulse Bay bus stop at 9.50 AM (the park is half way down to the beach from the bus stop).

      From Exchange Square, Admiralty, or Wanchai (Queen's Road East or Immigration Tower), you can take Bus 6, 66, 6X, or 260. On 6 and 6X, you get a partial refund by beeping your Octopus card as you get off. 6 and 66 go up on the mountain, so have better views, while 6X and 260 go through the tunnel, so should be a bit faster. If you don't like lots of choices, take a 6X.

      We will climb up toward Violet Hill (some can skirt around on the contour path), over Black's Link to Wanchai Gap for lunch. Wanchai Gap has buses back to Wanchai/Central for those wanting to abscond.

      Then we will follow the flat and leafy section of HK trail (5km) to meet Peel Rise [note from Greg: I've never been a huge fan of this section of the HK trail; we may find another way to Peel Rise]. Hikers can opt out here down to Aberdeen. Climbing Peel Rise, we arrive at The Peak.

      From The Peak, hikers can continue with Greg down to Central along Chatham Path, or split off to Sai Ying Pun along the Morning Trail, Hatton Road, or take a bus/peak tram down.

      Expect to finish at 4 PM or so. Hope to see you there!
      Greg - 9047-0651