Hike Saturday 23rd Feb - change of route

  • susiwhaley
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2013
      Dear Hikers

      This coming Saturday, the route will be Repulse Bay to The Peak.

      This can be moderate minus walk, or moderate - plenty of options for easier walk, and plenty of escape gaps.

      Note it is not the Sunset Peak Scramble - which has been postponed (the exact date to be confirmed , but don't worry, it will be lead)

      Meet at bus stop close to HKIS (Repluse Bay) 9.50am. I will post details of this bus stop to avoid confusion (if I can find the exact number of the stop)

      From Exchange Square you can take a no 6, 66, 6X bus.

      WE will climb up toward Violet HIll (some can skirt around on the contour path), over Blacks Link to join Wanchai Gap for lunch. Wanchai Gap is on a bus route for those wanting to abscond.

      Then we will follow the flat and leafy section of HK trail (5km) to meet Peel Rise. Hikers can opt out here down to Aberdeen. Climbing Peel Rise, we arrive at The Peak.

      From there, hikers can continue down to Central along Chatham Path, or to Sai Ying Pun along the Morning Trail, Hatton Road.

      Susie
      6825-9836