Hike Saturday 16th February

  • susiwhaley
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2013
      Shui Hau to Buddah, (or on to Tung Chung) Lantau.

      Meet: Mui WO Ferry Pier, Central, at 9.05 to catch 9.10 ferry to Mui Wo.

      We will catch bus 1 to Shui Hau.

      The route takes us around the lovely peninsula from Shui Hau to Shek Pik - about 2hrs. This could be escape point for those wishing for a short, pleasant walk.
      At Shek Pik we will walk the up the East Side of the reservoir, a lovely windy route up to Buddah, with views of the water below us. There will be sections of forest and some stream beds we cross. This will take about 2 1/2-3 hours.
      At Buddah, people can decide whether to marathon on back to Tung Chung, or to catch a bus from Ngong Ping to MW or TC.

      Hiking time - about 5 hrs all together. This is a moderate hike, although we will be gaining altitude, there are not many steep ascents. (No excuses SD!!)

      Wear good shoes, bring water 2 litres, snacks, lunch and sun lotion.

      PS, if you come from Tung Chung, you will need to catch the 9.45 #11 bus in order to meet
      at Shui Hau on time.

      Susie

      Susie