Hike for Wed. 13 Feb – Sai Kung Country Park

  • glbglb1
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2013
      Posted by Greg on behalf of Bryan:
      Grade Moderate ++
      Starting point is the monument to members of the Sai Kung resistance who perished during the second world war. It is on Tai Mong Tsai Road approximately 2 stops after the Tai Mong Tsai `turn in.' Please take the number 94 bus from Sai Kung to arrive there by 10:00am.
      End point is Hoi Ha Road where we can get a mini bus back to Sai Kung.
      Route takes us up and along the Cheng Shan ridge where there are beautiful views over Shelter Cove, then up to the Maclehose Section 3 where we can stop for coffee and bean curd at Cheung Sheung, then over Shek Uk Shan at 490m and then along the ridge to Lo Fu Kei Shek to Hoi Ha Road. This last bit will be new to me and to many members of the hiking group.
      Total estimated time is 5 hours.
      Please bring 2L water, a packed lunch and sunscreen also long trousers just in case it gets a bit scratchy.

      Leader is Bryan Clifford 90382954