Uncle on HK hike?

  • Chris BAILEY
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2013
      Can anyone help locate where second photo below was taken? Could it be Sai Kung or Lantau?
      It's taken during WW2: my uncle Ron Clarke was in Trincomalee - inscription reads Diyatalawa leave camp Ceylon 1946. He served aboard Norfolk cruiser http://www.naval-history.net/xGM-Chrono-06CA-Norfolk.htm which rescued King of Denmark, and Arethusa destroyer: http://www.hms-arethusa.co.uk/service/1935/1933-1950.html

      Diyatalawa still seems to be (Sri Lanka) army base http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diyatalawa. But the photo looks more like the hills in Hong Kong than Sri Lanka - maybe he was on leave? Appreciate any thoughts, thanks. chris b

      regards, Ann.