Hike led by Malcolm - Saturday 8 December

  • twiggyseymour
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2012
      (Posted on behalf of Malcolm. Please do not reply on email to this message).

      Hike Saturday 8th December led by Malcolm Kemp: Shek Pik Reservoir Lantau to Tai O via Fan Lau Fort. Duration about 5 hours.

      We shall meet at Outlying Ferry Pier 5 Central to catch the 9:50 ferry to Mui Wo, Lantau, and from there we shall catch a bus to Shek Pik Reservoir. From Shek Pik we hike back along the Lantau trail, taking a detour to visit Fan Lau Fort, where we shall have lunch. This is a long walk, but no real ups and downs, and thus I would class it as moderate. It is also a pretty spectacular hike, : old fort, deserted houses and temple, walks across beaches, so come rain or shine (save for a typhoon)I shall be there. It may suit some to come from Tung Chung and meet at the end of Shek Pik Reservoir (West end). If so, please try and let me know. We shall be there at Shek Pik at 11.

      The hike finishes at Tai O, where there are stacks of buses back to Tung Chung and Mui Wo. Lot of people too, but the queues move fast. Not much chance to leave the track for an early exit once we start.

      Need Octopus Cards, Water(11/2 litres),Lunch, a woolly (might get cold), a waterproof might be necessary, and hat. Bit of cash for a coffee at the end of the hike.

      My telephone number is 94859376

      malcolm