RE: [SaturdayHikers] Re: Hike on Saturday October 6th - Discovery Bay to Sunny Bay

  • Lynn Seymour
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2012
      Dear All
      I just rang Discovery Bay Transportation Services Tel 365 12345 and they confirmed that the ferry from Central to DB on Saturday mornings is at 9.10am (not 9am).
      Lynn

      To: SaturdayHikers@yahoogroups.com
      From: davidjohncock@...
      Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 11:21:01 +0800
      Subject: [SaturdayHikers] Re: Hike on Saturday October 6th - Discovery Bay to Sunny Bay

      Dear all,

      Just had word from Aloeffle52 that the ferry from Central on Saturdays goes

      at 9am. The Department of Transport website says that it's at 9.10, but

      if, like most people, you don't trust the government, then getting to the

      pier ten minutes earlier might be a good idea.

      David

      On 3 October 2012 08:34, David Johncock <davidjohncock@...> wrote:

      > Dear Hikers,

      > For our first Saturday of the hiking season, we'll meet at the exit from

      > the Disco Bay ferry on Lantau at 9.40a.m. Those of you coming from Central

      > will need to catch the 9.10 ferry in order to make it on time; others may

      > do as I do and get to Disco Bay by taking the Tung Chung MTR line as far as

      > Sunny Bay and then boarding the Discovery Bay bus. We'll be heading up over

      > the Tiger's Head and along the ridge of hills across the northern part of

      > Lantau, checking out the views of Disneyland before dropping down to Sunny

      > Bay.

      > Expect 4-5 hours walking; do bring lunch, plenty of water, sensible

      > footwear. Maximum altitude 450 metres above sea level. A stiff climb at the

      > beginning of the walk followed by gentle undulations - so overall this one

      > is MODERATE.

      > If you need to call me I'm on 9221 5203.

      > David

    • David Johncock
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2012
        'Gentle undulations' was quite a misleading description of the ordeal
        I put you all through yesterday. My apologies to everyone! I hope the
        split group got home safely.