Hike for Saturday 8 January - leaders Andrew and Janet

  • twiggyseymour
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2011
      (Posted on behalf of Andrew and Janet. Please do not reply to this message.)

      Meet at 9:45 at Tung Chung in the plaza outside Delifrance (arrive early and have breakfast !). We will take a bus from there at around 10am to the saddle between Sunset and Lantau Peaks.

      Our path starts from the saddle and follows the contour around Sunset Peak to Mui Wo. Beautiful views to the south east across towards Cheung Chau and Lamma Islands. We can finish at the China Bear in Mui Wo - handy for the ferry terminal for the journey back to Hong Kong.

      This is an easy to moderate walk of about 4 hours in total. Those who want an strenuous walk can start from the same point and independently take the path over Sunset Peak to the same finish in Mui Wo.

      Bring lunch, water, hats, spray, Octopus Cards.

      Andrew's mobile no. 6622 0362.