hike saturday 06.11.2010

  • Christine Loeffler
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2010
      hike - saturday 06.11.2010

      where: lantau
      route: lantau big buddha to mui wo

      meeting time: 9 am at mui wo ferry peer in central to catch 9.10 am
      ferry
      time: depends how fast we walk - but ca 4 hours (without breaks)
      grade: easy for good hikers, moderate for lazy hikers (me) and
      injured hikers (sabine)

      we will take the bus from the mui wo ferry pier to po lin monastery.
      do not stand around and talk - just walk to the bus stop "po lin
      monastery" to make sure you are all on the bus.
      from po lin we will walk downwards direction tung chung.
      half way down we will turn right onto the tei tong tsai trail.
      reaching tung chung rd. where we walk up to enter the south lantau
      country trail to mui wo.

      in mui wo you can:
      a. catch the ferry to go back to hongkong
      b. have a beer at china bear
      c. take the bus to chang sha beach for a swim

      if peter wants to kidnap the group to go over the sun set peak - he can do
      so!
      all hikers who feel they need more of a challenging hike than my chosen
      one can follow him than!

      bring the usual stuff you need - water, food, towels for the beach (not
      for the water pools ), etc.

      see you on saturday!!!
      christine