Pink Dolphin spotting and hike Sat 14th August

  • William Galvin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2010
      This is a delightful hike to a stunning falls.

      Meet at Tung Chung Deli France at 9am.

      Don't be late as the ferry will wait for no man or beast or Bill

      We walk over to the TC ferry pier to catch the 9.25 first ferry of the day
      to Tai O.
      Should be a good chance of spotting some pink dolphins, we saw 3 last
      weekend.

      At Tai O we walk along the breakwater (no shade) to connect with the coastal
      path to Shek Pik.
      After 30 mins we branch off to start the climb of the Shui Lo Cho falls
      (mermaid pools for those that had
      the hikers calendar a couple of years ago.

      The path to the falls is overgrown, we were scrambling under fallen trees at
      one point. There is also a drop off
      for much of the path so a stick or umbrella is helpful to tap out the edge
      of the path.

      After 30 minutes or so we will reach the lower part of the falls. The plan
      is to follow the path up to the upper levels.

      Last Sunday, the river walkers were there, all 50 of them....hopefully they
      won't be there this Sat.

      After paying respects to the mermaids we will come back down to the main
      path and back into Tai O for
      num nums and then catch the 4.20 ferry back to Tung Chung or some can take
      the bus if they wish.

      The vegetation is lovely at this time of year, also lots of large spiders
      around so beware.

      Whole day hike, hot weather expected, bring sun block, glasses, mosi spray,
      hat, water, walking stick or umbrella,
      swimmers, towel.  A snack to eat at the waterfalls and chocolate for the
      leader

      In the event of rain we may cancel, call me on the morning if unsure

      denise 9183 2772

      please read the disclaimer on the website, this is a tricky hike and one
      needs to pay attention on the drop off path and
      the path up the falls. No children please. (William  is allowed provided he
      behaves)