Rebekah's Easter hiking trip to Spain

  • William Galvin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2010
      Posted by Bill: enquiries ONLY to Rebekah thanks!

      Please put my name down please Rebekah ­ this looks a rare treat!

      Day 1 (Apr 2) Fly to Valencia via AF 183 HK-Paris, 10:25 to 17:35; AF 2776,
      Paris - Valencia, 19:35 to 21:35, transfer to Vall de Laguart (80 min).
      Accommodation at La Casota special guesthouse.
      Day 2 (Apr 3) From hotel, walk along the east face of Caval Verd to the
      stunning ridge of Cavall Verd with fantastic views on both sides of Laguart
      Valley and Pop Valley (Duration of the walk 6 hours)
      Day 3 (Apr 4) From Font dels Olbis, descent to Barranc Del Infern along the
      stone paved moorish trail of Juvees Circuit, the best preserved mazarabic
      trail of the Mediterranean. Climb through mountain pass to Fleix.
      (Duration of the walk 6 hours)
      Day 4 (Apr 5) Transfer to Xabia to see the food market, and approach drive
      to base of Montgo, a mountain and a natural park, is also one of the highest
      summits of the Marina Alta and is a fine walk. Much of the south face of
      the mountain is covered in terraces, which grew many wine grapes in the last
      century. Our walk climbs up the rocky and steep footpath of the West ridge
      to the summit, to continue eastwards and descend down the Southeast flank,
      onto an old track which gave access to the many workers that collected the
      grapes. The Montgo is a paradise for keen botanists, the moist sea air and
      altitude make a unique environment for endemic species. From the summit of
      Montgo, we'llbe able to see Ibiza (only few miles away) and looking to the
      other side, the Laguart Valley.
      Day 5 (Apr 6) Transfer to El Collao, walk to the village of Ebo, visit the
      caves and bus transfer to Vall de Laguart, stopping at Pa de Petracos where
      we will discover the rock paintings of Pla de Petracos, the best Macro
      schematic paintings of the whole mediterranean. Then drink and visit to the
      local ethnological museum, an old restored traditional townhouse with
      exhibitions of the rock paintings and traditional folk culture.
      Day 6 (Apr 7) From Castell de Castells, we walk up to the ruins of the
      castle, where we can enjoy the views of the most terraced valley in the
      area, the north slopes of Aitana. Then we climb the Serrella Mountain,
      through the Coll de la Canal to Pico Serella and then descend into Abdet.
      We spend the whole day on the crest of the mountain with wonderful views on
      both sides. Accommodation at Guadalest, the most visited village in the
      valley with its fortified town perched on top of the hill. (Duration of
      walk 7 to 8 hours)
      Day 7 (Apr 8) Drive to Partagat Spring waters where we start our walk,
      along the northern slopes, then scramble through Pas de la Rabosa, the only
      natural break on the Aitana, which gives access to the summit from this
      north side. We have lunch at the Simas limestone fissures, up to 90m deep,
      situated on a ridge near the summit of Aitana. It is an impressive
      geological formation and a perfect place to have our picnic. If there is
      good weather, there's an optional climb to the summit, just few minutes
      away. We return back to Guadalest along the foot of the rocky walls of the
      North Face of Aitana, (Duration of walk 7.5 hours)
      Day 8 (Apr 9) Transfer to Valencia and accommodation at hotel. Guided
      visit to the old town. The guide will provide city maps, information about
      the town. A guided tour by foot or by bike can be arranged. The modernist
      central market in itself makes a visit worthwhile.
      Day 9 (Apr 10) Transfer to the airport. AF 2977 Valencia to Paris at 07:05
      to 09:05
      AF 184, Paris to HK at 13:45 to 07:20 of Apr 11

      (b) Price Air Fare: HK$,7,300 inclusive of taxes and fuel charges
      On the ground in Spain: EUR 945 (approximately HKD
      10,500) inclusive of hotels, all meals (incl wine at dinnertime) except for
      lunch on the free day, trekking guide, entry to the
      wine museum, etc., but excluding insurance and personal expenditures

      (c) Reservation Confirmation of participation is required by 22 Jan 2010 to
      Rebekah Tan at:
      E-mail: tan.rebekah@...
      Phone No: +852 9180 2375
      Flight costs will need to be paid to Maywood Travel by 5 February 2010.

      Highlights of the trip:
      1. We will stay at special local guesthouses with the best cuisine and
      service
      2. All the best walks of the area guaranteed by the local operator for
      Exodus trips in this part of Spain
      3. Guided visit in Valencia, plus many little extras
      4. Unique area unknown to most foreign walkers
      5. Knowledgeable local guides who will give special insight to local
      culture and traditions

      Grade: moderate to strenuous. The terrain can also be gravelly. You would
      need to be fit and an experienced walker.

      Confirmation of
      Participation

      Family Name:..............

      Given Name(s):..............

      Contact Detail:

      Tel - Office:.......

      Home:.......

      Mobile:.......

      Email:...................

      Rebekah Tan | Vice President | Innovation & Growth
      Swiss Reinsurance Company Ltd | 61st Floor, Central Plaza, 18 Harbour Road,
      Hong Kong, Hong Kong
      Direct: +852 2582 5621 Fax: +852 2582 6033 E-mail: Rebekah_Tan@...
      <mailto:Rebekah_Tan@...>

      http://www.swissre.com <http://www.swissre.com/>

      This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or company
      named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.
      Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information may be unlawful
      and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this
      message and notify the sender.
      All incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are stored in the Swiss Re
      Electronic Message Repository. If you do not wish the retention of
      potentially private e-mails by Swiss Re, we strongly advise you not to use
      the Swiss Re e-mail account for any private, non-business related
      communications.