Hike for Saturday 4th April

  • Jane Futter
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      Mui Wo to Pui O via Chi Ma Wan Peninsula.

      Feel like stretching your legs? This is a long walk, possibly 18kms, with some hills. Should take 5-6 hours of steady walking. No shops en route.

      MEET: Mui Wo ferry pier 6 in Central.
      TIME: 9:00 for 9:10 fast ferry.
      OR: Mui Wo ferry pier in Mui Wo at 9:40
      BRING: All food and water requirements for a long walk . Sun, wind,and rain protection.
      DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Long but not too hilly. Escape routes at several points.

      PLAN: From Mui Wo ferry pier walk to Nam Shan via the Old Village Path. Cross South Lantau Rd and walk down to the Chi Ma Wan Rd via Pak Fu Tin....this is our steepest climb of the day. Turn left and walk along Chi Ma Wan Rd for about 2 kms, past some interesting homes, to the correctional institution. Now we're ready to start our cimcumnavigation of the Chi Ma Wan Peninsula, a lovely walk round the coast along forested hillsides strewn with giant granite boulders. We'll stop for lunch en route, and stop again to admire the view from the huge granite slab about an hour outside Pui O.

      We could have an early dinner at BAHCE Turkish Restaurant. It's near the 7-11 in Mui Wo. Spouses, partners, friends, interested parties, non-hikers, why not meet us there at 6pm for dinner? Please let me know by email or phone so that I can make a booking.

      Jane 93843252