Have arrived

  • Jennifer Wu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2009
      Hello my dears
      Mailing time at an absolute premium, so this is more like a telegram. Have arrived safely in Arawa after a nightmarish time packing up and getting away. 4 flights and a long drive from Buka to Arawa along dreadful bumps and ruts and across 16 rivers (no bridges). Have looked around, been to my school to say hello, the locals seem lovely, have met the other Kiwi volunteers.
      I'll be back to you whenever I can - am allowed to mail perhaps twice a week for very short spells.
      It's a beautiful jungly sort of place, tall rugged hills behind, river and sea to swim in. Will turn up at my school tomorrow to see where I can be of use.Very hot, very humid.I will survive, I'm sure of that!
      Love to you all, and I hope all's well. Did Chinese NY go well??
      Jenny