Saturday 6 December - hike led by Malcolm - medium-strenuous

  • Lynn Seymour
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      (Posted on behalf of Malcolm by Lynn.)

      Meet at Yau Tong MTR Station Exit A1 by the Maxim Shop and Hang Seng
      Bank tellers by 10:00 sharp.

      Bring water, hats, lunch, insect spray, and possibly something
      warmer.

      We will enter the Wilson Trail by W19, near the Chinese cemetary and
      then to Devil's Peak, where a few bricks remain of the old Victorian
      fortification, then to Black Hill, thereafter entering Tseng Lan
      Shui. This is medium pace stuff. That part should take 2 to 3
      hours. Then those that have had enough can get buses back to
      Diamond Hill MTR, or Sai Kung on the Clearwater Bay Road OR can
      retrace their steps but use the Kwun Tong fitness trail, which does
      not go up any hills. The next part is very strenuous but beautiful,
      going up One Rise More to the Fei Ngo Shan Road on to Sha Tin Pass
      (marker 47 on the Wilson trail). No children on this bit, please.
      From there we go downhill to find buses etc back to town(Wong Tai
      Sin MTR).

      (I am overseas/out of HK until Friday 5 December so can't answer
      questions until then - kempm@...).

      Malcolm